Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Ghetto Gate


We have a baby gate between our kitchen and dining room to keep the dogs from roaming the house.  We call it the Ghetto Gate.

We've often laughed over the fact that Benny, a.k.a. Booper, could easily have jumped the gate but didn't.  A couple days ago, at the age of 6 1/2, he figured it out.   He was jumping the gate only in the morning before we got up, which we did shortly thereafter because we'd hear him in the hall.  Since he didn't leave the kitchen when we weren't home we thought he would only do it when we were home because he wanted to be where we were.  Not so.  Today we came home from the store to be greeted at the front door.

Oh Booper.

A couple months ago he learned how to open the pantry door and ate half a bag of Quinoa bones.

Lord knows how many sticks of butter he's swiped off of the counter.

We can't even be mad.  Poor Booper isn't the brightest dog on the block so we find it amusing that this old dog is learning some new tricks.

5 comments:

Melody said...

Funny dog!

Chris H said...

Awwww he's so cute.

Little Military Wife said...

Booper is perfect you leave him be

Oklahoma Granny said...

Just dropped by to say "hi". I know I haven't been around in a long, long time and I don't know if I'll ever get back to actually blogging, but on occasion I do have a bit of time to read a few blogs. This post really made me smile. Have a great week and I'm sure I'll be 'round again sometime.

Sandra in NM* said...

I was so happy to log on here today and see you still blogging....well, sort of....HAHA! I followed a lot of blogs about a year or so ago and then just stopped. Hope life is treating you well.

Sandra in NM*