Thursday, December 20, 2012

Catching Up

I've been sitting here for ten minutes wondering what to write.  How do I step back into this world after having been gone so long?  I suppose I just start writing.

Another five minutes have gone by.

Honestly, I should be doing laundry and cleaning.  I have to laugh at myself for deciding to write a blog post when my home is in its current state.  That is just... so... "ME". 

Our girls live in other states with their husbands now.  My mother-in-law moved in with my sister-in-law in Washington State in May (she lived with us almost 2 years...21 months).  Christmas this year will be just my husband and our son.  Definitely something different for us! 

I'm going to have to get back into calling my family by their blog names.  It feels strange.

Double Shot is a sophomore in college.  He is still playing football but switched colleges this fall.  He is also working.  We see him every week at some point.  After all, his girlfriend, Sweet Tea, lives in our neighborhood.  They've been dating a year and a half now.

Mr. Macchiato has climbed 30 14'ers now.  For you Flat Landers that means he has hiked to the top of 30 mountains with an elevation of 14,000 feet or more above sea level.  I feel like I should change his name to Mountain Man on the blog, LOL!

I've been at my current job almost seven months.  I really like the people I work with.  I have a great office with windows and a view of Pike's Peak.  I like my title, Director of Education and Events, LOL!  I schedule classes, find instructors, keep track of registrations, give out certificates, as well as other duties.  We do a lot of different events throughout the year including after hours networking,  quarterly luncheons, a silent auction, a golf tournament, an awards banquet and an Expo.  The Expo is in February and the biggest event by far.  We are bringing in nationally recognized speakers for seminars, will have a luncheon for 500 and have 90 booths.

I need to get back into the habit of writing daily.  It is so much easier to write when you do it on a consistent basis.  I've met some people that have managed to write books while working full-time so I know it is possible.  Every one of them told me that you have to write every day even if it is only for 15 minutes.

Now I am staring again...

I am also out of the habit of seeing the humor in situations.  That is something I miss.  I know it is there.  I just stopped looking for it... 

I'm looking now.

3 comments:

Melody said...

So happy to see you again! I've missed visiting your blog and seeing your comments on mine!

Life just keeps on turning, thought it seems to have gained speed in the last few years.

Yes, you should write everyday. I'm all for it! ;)

Trisha said...

Welcome back yourself! Tis the season to start writing on the blogs again!

Angela said...

This is so funny..I was 'here' just the other day and noticed..wow, she hasn't written in awhile..and here you are now..lol. ((hugs))