Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Jobless...

Well... I really LOVED my job. I could see myself doing that job until I couldn't work any more. Unfortunately, my contract ended early. I always knew that my job could end at the end of December but it was a bit of a shock to have it end 2 months early and just days after a huge and very successful event (it was not a fundraiser... just a neat outreach to the disability community). One of the sad facts of working for a non-profit ministry is that funding can dry up pretty quick. I am so grateful for the experience, all the wonderful people I met, the really cool relationships that were built with some, and the financial provision over the last ten months.

My mother-in-law's knee replacement surgery went well yesterday.

Oy... there's actually quite a bit going on. But... you know what? God is on His Throne and I am going to put my trust in Him.

4 comments:

Laura~peach~ said...

that would be the very best place to place it :) love ya
bwhahahah MY WORD... theloo!!!!!!!

claudia said...

Welcome home. There's a plan for you...you knew that didn't you?!?

Chris H said...

I hope you get another job soon mate.

Karen Deborah said...

I'm sorry. it's so hard to say good bye to what we love. My sweet Adeline is going down this week. I can't imagine losing her and know that it is inevitable. She is 96. I pray she dies quietly in her sleep one night. I'll cry, and I'm sure you have cried. They know where to find you if funds come back.
How about a visit?