Monday, July 25, 2011

The Times, They are a Changing...























I am up much too early this Monday morning... Mr. Macchiato took the day off to go hike another 14'er with a friend from church and I couldn't go back to sleep after he left. My mind clicked on and that was it.
.


Our family has been going through so many changes... I got my voice back in February of 2010, my mother-in-law moved in with us last summer, I went to Africa last September, our oldest daughter got married last December, I went to work after 22 years as a stay at home mom in January, and our youngest child graduated from high school in May. Throughout all this my mother-in-law has had knee replacement and spinal fusion in the midst of the craziness of our son's senior sports schedule with his playing football and qualifying for the state championships in wrestling. Whew!
.


Things are about to slow down...
.


Our son-in-law's training is coming to an end and he's been stationed in Florida. Chai Tea has been visiting my Mom in Washington for the summer and will be coming home tomorrow for about two weeks before she moves to Florida.


.

Frappy, now a senior in college, will be studying abroad in Spain for the fall semester. She took a class this summer up at school but will be home the second week of August for a couple weeks before she leaves for Spain.
.


Double Shot is leaving in two weeks for college. He has football camp before classes begin.
.


My mother-in-law went to Washington last week and will be there for two months visiting ending with a trip to Hawaii. When she gets back home she'll be scheduling the knee replacement for her other knee.
.


September is going to be very quiet with just Mr. Macchiato and I...
.


I've been waiting for this time with great anticipation. However, realizing Double Shot is leaving in two weeks this morning...


.


OH. MY. GOSH.
.


Am I really ready for this?
.


I'm feeling a sense of panic beginning to rise...

7 comments:

Angela said...

Talk about changes...WOW...they are a changing girl....((hugs))

Laura~peach~ said...

those are all good changes from the first time i read your blog :)

claudia said...

Can you say Whirlwind?
All good changes. Go with the flow. Enjoy the space and time with your hubby. It sounds so exciting to me.

Oklahoma Granny said...

WOW! The times are really changing in the lives of your family. Exciting changes for sure but some possibly a little bittersweet.

Sandi McBride said...

Hoping all the changes headed your way mean peace and contentment...sounds like you need a double shot of both!
Sandi

Chris H said...

There sure has been a lot going on in your life! At least it's all been pretty good... well except for your MIL's knees!

tahera said...

Thank you for sharing this post. alternatives to knee surgery