Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's Tuesday...









This was taken in Swaziland last year...


Another busy day on tap. I've got a meeting with the local crisis pregnancy center today. Did y'all know that 90% of people are choosing to abort their babies after learning they have Down Syndrome or Spina Bifida? Did you know that people are even choosing to abort babies with correctable defects such as Club Foot and Cleft Palate at alarming rates? Sobering... isn't it?


I'm still having a hard time processing everything from my trip to Africa last year. Throw that in with what I'm doing now and there's a lot going on in my head.


I understand completely why people point to suffering in this world and question the very existence of God and/or the heart of God. I think it is only natural. As I've grappled with these feelings and questions myself I've found myself on a path that is filled with ups, downs, twists, and turns. It is definitely a journey... a journey, I am finding more and more, toward HOPE.

3 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

One of my most dear friends has a granddaughter that was born with Spina Bifada. She (the granddaughter) is in middle school now and is doing quite well.

claudia said...

When I found out I was pregnant with my YD (at 5months!), the doctors told me I needed to end the pregnancy, because of other tests they had mistakenly done and could harm her. I had heard her heartbeat and could not even think about letting her go. She is now 25 years old. She was born with holes in her heart, but she is doing just fantastic now.

noexcuses said...

As a 20something during the 70's it was my thought that I would do the same, not because of any defect, but because I didn't think I could handle being a mom. God knew how I felt, so he made sure nothing happend until I grew up. I'm so glad he did, too!