Thursday, April 28, 2011

Devastation Across the South...



As I was looking through the news reports online this morning my heart was breaking for all those across the south affected by the tornadoes yesterday. So many have lost so much and yet the sun is shining brightly here in Colorado Springs and we are going about our normal routine.


This picture hit me hard. These men praying... I can't find the words. It is a beautiful thing to know that there are those right there in the midst that are seeking God. No doubt their hands and feet are busy today as they meet the practical needs around them.


Praying...

3 comments:

jojo said...

that photo just tears at my heart...will hold them close in my thoughts and prayers.

Melody said...

I miss the South for just stopping and forming a prayer circle. I remember after 9/11 there was an ongoing prayer circle in WalMart. Strangers would join hands, speak to God, and more would join in when that group left. Very inspiring.

coffee online said...

Faith plays a vital role in every prayer. Faith in God and of course, faith with their fellow. In a place like the south,it is heartwarming to know that they haven't forgotten about the power of seeking for God. This picture tells a sweet love story. A story of accepting that without Him we are weak and fragile. And for us to be able to show that love to Him, what better way to show it than to share it with others.