Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh My Aching Back...

I'm grumpy.
.
The Glad Game isn't getting it for me.
.
My back has been bothering me. I've been to the chiropractor and that helped but... not for long. I can't go there every other day!!!
.
I'm not supposed to take Ibuprofen but I have been. Sorry kidneys.
.
I'm waiting to hear about that job. I was notified that I am, once again, a finalist for the position. Sigh...
.
My house is so dirty I can't stand it. I had the time alone to clean yesterday but between my back and checking my e-mail every 10 minutes I didn't get far. In order for the house to be clean I have to be cleaning it without ceasing... and I could never leave. It is very frustrating and the dogs... Good Lord. We live in a BARN. There is dog hair everywhere... and dog footprints... and dog slobber... and I'm the only one that wipes their feet correctly when they come in from the backyard. I hate it when I go somewhere only to look down and see gobs of dog hair all over me. I seriously need to vacuum at least once a day, only I don't.
.
Pulling my hair out.
.
Screaming silent screams.
.
The Glad Game...
.
I am glad I live in a materialistic world where I've accumulated so much crap that I can't keep it straight and I'm glad my animals live more comfortably than millions of children all over the world.
.
Pass the Prozac.

11 comments:

Melody said...

I have that fur problem too. Hate it! Good luck with it all: getting rid of fur, the job search, the cleaning.... wishing you well :)

Oklahoma Granny said...

My daughter gave me a little sign in the shape of a dog bone that says, "No outfit is complete WITHOUT dog hair."

Laura~peach~ said...

and now you see why I have been going through and removing THINGS from my house... and thank God my hubby and I agree on the pets in the house thing... fish are the ONLY animals welcomed in... and even OUR fish live outside lol.

and believe me when i say my house is still just like yours it needs work DAILY!!

Sandi McBride said...

Okay so after I got up off the floor from laughing so hard my ass fell off thus bringing about total collapse of the infrastructure, I had to wipe off tons of cat hair and get at least one cat off of me...OMG, I live in a barn and didn't know it til you pointed out that my animals also live in the lap of luzury and never go hungry and never have to fear the vivasectionist (no matter how often my children threaten them)...pass the prozac, indeed!
love and hugs and hoping your back gets better!!!!
Sandi

Trisha said...

So sorry . . . but your frustrations made me giggle! The gobs of dog hair - I have it here but it is cat hair. It necessitates me having a lint roller in my car. And my bookbag. And at my parents' house. And at work (when I worked).

Flea said...

Woman, I have two Australian shepherds. They have triple coats and shed like nobody's business. The undercoat brush has saved my life and marriage. Seriously. I got one for five bucks at WalMart. Here's one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Evolution-W6110-Grooming-Undercoat-Rotating/dp/B0002DIRYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294240651&sr=8-1

Brush them once a week during the shedding seasons (spring and fall) and it makes a WORLD of difference. Or take them to a groomer who does the Defurminator. Call around. It's expensive, but worth having it done once if you can't brush them. At least the first time, so brushing doesn't kill you.

paul mitchell said...

My back hurts worse than yours.

Be glad about that, mmmmkay?

claudia said...

I took out my wall to wall carpeting because of the dogs. The carpet stank! Now there is no need for the carpeting, I have wall to wall fur. I sweep every day, but I still come up with a dog sized pile of new fur every day. I am trying to figure out how to spin it into some yarn and make sweaters or something like that to sell. I should at least be getting some money for living with it shouldn't I?

Deborah said...

I don't have dogs, just kids...and they don't shed much but they do leave footprints, and color on walls, and plug the toilet and lately one has been slobbering....I think if I played the glad game, the list of things to be glad about would exhaust me even more than I am already....Oh, and I need to go to the chiropractor too....but it's too much trouble to get there.
I hope you get the job....and have a better day tomorrow!

Elysa said...

That last paragraph! WOW!!! LOL! But yeah....

Elysa said...

BTW, I had been considering letting the kids have a SMALL indoor dog when we move to Swaziland. This causes me to reconsider. Of course, I will have a maid......