Sunday, December 12, 2010

What's Up?


Taff Taff the Raga Muff




Benny giving a serious handshake



Tuna Noodle Casserole ala Kelly... made with red bell peppers and green peas to make it Christmassy. There's some pepper jack cheese in there too. The leftovers are rotting in our fridge.



I got a haircut.



A super duper short haircut!
.
Mr. Macchiato has never liked short hair.
.
Mr. Macchiato: Wow... that is short! I like it though. It is sassy. You look very middle aged.
.
Me: Middle aged? (totally giving him the you are on thin ice look)
.
Mr. Macchiato: You are hot for someone in their forties.
.
Bless His Heart
.
(that's a southern thing)
.
Men. They just don't get some stuff.

.

I just love our Colorado sky!



The senior parents at Double Shot's school do a special luncheon once a month for the kids. I'm in charge of this month's. This very large basket contains 250 cookies made by moi (chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, pumpkin, and sugar cookies). This could have been unbelievably stressful but a couple of angels in the form of other moms have blessed me immensely!
.
One of them is my helper. I'd just think about calling her and she'd beat me to it. She took care of all the e-mailing and tracking of donated items. To me, this is the hardest part with these type of events. Really, I feel like she's the one that put this together.
.
I was thinking I was going to have to make all of the breakfast burritos myself (It's a breakfast themed lunch. What?) when I got an e-mail from another mom offering to make all 100 of them herself. I couldn't believe it! I was just starting to feel the pressure and having that part of the luncheon taken care of like that was such a relief!
.
It will be nice to get that done with tomorrow. I am in just get through the next thing mode. When I think about everything I start to panic. We are always busy this time of year but this year it is much more so starting with Thanksgiving. I'm fine as long as I concentrate on the next thing...
.
I have not even started my Christmas shopping.
.
PaNic.
.
Tuesday... Fly Boy arrives. He and our Chai Tea are getting married on the 23rd.
.
PANIC!!!

6 comments:

Flea said...

Oh my. Panic indeed. Two days before Christmas. Don't do any Christmas shopping this year. It'll be okay.

I love your sassy do.

Chris said...

Don't panic about me! I'll stick to some dark corner of the house and stay out of the way =)

Trisha said...

The haircut looks wonderful - very sassy and not middle aged at all!!!!

Oklahoma Granny said...

What a wonderful thing to do for the school kids. I know they have to appreciate home cooking over cafeteria food. The cookies look and sound so yummy!

Your new "do" is fantastic.

Oh, my - did I miss the engagement announcement? What a wonderful time of year for a wedding!

Bluebird49 said...

Whoa! So much going on there! Lovely baskets, darling hair do's and WEDDINGS? How much more Christmas can you take!!

I know you'll get it all done. I'll bet what you don't get done, nobody will miss. (Except maybe you--- if so....do not beat yourself up!)

Melody said...

2 days before Christmas?! Talk them out of it! Bribe them to elope! Wowie wow wow wow. Poor you! I have a hard enough time trying to put together Christmas w/o having to worry about a wedding!!

Cute, cute hair!!