Monday, November 15, 2010

We had a busy weekend. Of course, they always are. It was so good to see my Mom! Her visits are always too short though.

We finally got a bit of snow last week. The weather has been unseasonably warm for these parts and I can't believe we went through the entire football season without snow. Very unusual.

My Mom loves Cracker Barrel. No... She LOVES Cracker Barrel. She got in Wednesday and we ate there Wednesday night... Friday night... and Saturday for lunch. I even tried to talk her into going somewhere else on Saturday!



I don't dare step on the scale this morning. I know it would send me spiraling into the pit of despair. Double Shot ate this Friday night.



I ate this. Cider braised pork... or something like that. It had apples and cranberries and ... YUM!!! So paying the price though...
a
I've got a busy day today. I've got to get my injections for my voice in Denver, meet a friend for coffee and I'm hoping to get my bedroom clean. Do y'all ever shove stuff in your bedrooms when you are running out of time cleaning? Good Lord. I cleaned out the cupboards in the main bathroom and just set the stuff I'm not going to keep in there anymore on my floor in my room and I've got piles of laundry... both clean and dirty all over the room. And stuff... Christmas stuff... books... junk... UGH! It's nasty.
a
Happy Monday!

7 comments:

paul mitchell said...

Oh, the breakfast there is my favorite. That Double Meat Breakfast Thingy with the tomatoes is all that I ever want.

Flea said...

Ew. I don't do Cracker Barrel. Sorry. Or most buffets. Or McDonald's. I think I'm getting old and curmudgeonly.

Oklahoma Granny said...

We don't have a Cracker Barrel near us but we like to eat there when we find one. That pork looks amazing! I cleaned out our kitchen pantry last week. It took me 3 days to get it the way I wanted it - and it's not even that big of a pantry.

Melody said...

Your mom has EXCELLENT taste! Have you ever tasted the Coca Cola Cake?? Heaven, I tell you! (It might be a seasonal thing in the fall.) And the Strawberry Shortcake. Yummmm! (again, a seasonal thing in the spring.) It reminds me of the South and very yummy potlucks. :)

(by the way, my word verification was "reifer". What the heck?? lol!)

Melody said...

(Oh, the kind I'm laughing about is spelled "reefer", but it sounds the same anyhow. :)

Elysa said...

CHICKEN FRIED STEAK, GRAVY, and HASHBROWN CASSEROLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew I liked that Jacob boy. ;)

Paula said...

Yummy, yummy, YUMMY! I'm very hungry now :)