Friday, November 19, 2010

Fabulous Friday... Right???

Blogger is frustrating me this morning... It won't let me move the order of the pictures. I give up!~

Mr. Macchiato took me out for a super fancy dinner last night to celebrate our anniversary. We had a wonderful time and everything about it was just perfect! We don't go on dates like that very often so we really enjoyed ourselves.

This morning I was surprised by this glorious sunrise as I let the dogs out. I knew it would pass quickly so I grabbed my camera and ran out into the street barefoot and in my pajamas. Hey, you do what ya gotta do!


Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!




I never get tired of the sky here... never.




I had elk steak last night. It was aMaZiNg!






Mr. Macchiato had antelope. It was also iNcReDiBlE.


WOW!!!






This was an amaretto chocolate cake that was more like a brownie.


It was YUM!!!


I normally do our grocery shopping on Friday mornings but since we've been taking the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class I've been trying to be smarter about my shopping habits. I didn't have time to go through coupons and store flyers yesterday so I've decided to wait. I've already got most of our Thanksgiving shopping done anyway. The week before last I spent $177 on groceries with a savings total of $115.46 through store promos and $37 in manufacture coupons. Yes, I am proud of myself. Last week my Mom was here so I didn't have the time really map things out and did the bulk of my shopping at Wal-Mart. I still saved over $15 with manufacture coupons but my experience at the check out was one of the reasons I stopped using coupons years ago. I had everything organized and it should have gone quickly... Oy. Some checkers just do not do well with anything other than simply scanning stuff.
.
I don't know if I'm ever going to get a job. It is really depressing. I couldn't even get an interview to be one of those people that hands out snacks at Costco. To apply I had to take an IQ test online. Seriously. And I didn't get an interview. I took that like a punch in the gut.
.
I had an interview a several weeks back and talked to the guy earlier this week. That may yet pan out but we'll see.
.
Sigh...
.
Dave Ramsey is having giveaways every day for the next 20 or so more days. Today's giveaway is just for desk calendars but the other day was for $2,000 cash... and another day he had 10 video cameras. You have to enter each day for each giveaway. We've been learning a lot through this course (some of it makes me want to crawl under a rock and never come back out... so wish we'd done some of this stuff from the get go). Check it out.
.
.
Have a GREAT weekend everyone!

7 comments:

paul mitchell said...

Looks like the restaurant dropped some trash on y'all's little, bitty meats. That's a shame.

paul mitchell said...

Wait, I jumped to conclusions, those plates might be the size of Texas Stadium. In that case, never mind.

Oklahoma Granny said...

One thing about living in the country - I can run outside in my pj's and no one will ever know, umm, that is unless an airplane flies by unmexpectedly.

Flea said...

Woman, you should take your results as a compliment. Most likely you're too intelligent to work as one of those sample people. Overqualified via IQ.

Bluebird49 said...

Wow--what a great meal. Sounds like you're doing prety well on your Dave Ramsey savings plan. I wish we could get into that. I KNOW we waste too much money. We eat out too much. We don't owe any debt--we pay off any credit card debt immediately. Still, I know we should be saving more And I ned to trust in the Lord to look out for us more, too!

Hope you find a job soon, Kelly--I stayed home with our kids while my husband worked, and now he's retired---we lost our daughter 12 years ago, and our son will be 38 in a few days.

We never had but one paycheck, and never had much--so it's not too hard to get used to not having much! We probably have more now than we did back then--only because the Lord has blessed us so much.

Chris H said...

I don't blame you for running out in your pj's to take those photos, they are amazing! Elk and Antelope steak!!! We never get that here! lol

Melody said...

I really do love Dave Ramsey's advise. I wish we were done un-burying ourselves. One baby step at a time, I suppose. Good luck to you as well.