Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Days of My Life

I am trying to get back on a regular Monday thru Friday blogging schedule. I was quite upset last week when I read several blogs I used to read regularly and found out information about their lives I should have known months ago... Bloggers I consider cyber friends. I'm actually afraid of what else I will learn as I get to the other blogs I haven't been reading as often. I got into blogging because I was very isolated and couldn't talk. I got so much support from the online community for so many years that I feel I need to make a concerted effort to nuture that. I'll be honest, it is a struggle to get back into the habit...
.
The difficult part of blogging every day is coming up with stuff to blog about. I just can't do deep and meaningful right now. The more I focus on that sort of thing the more inwardly depressed I become. I think some of what keeps me sane is my stupidity... Assuming I have some semblance of sanity.



Poor Taffy! She's such a tiny little dog and she gets cold. She likes to sit on the back of the couch next to me while I'm on the computer and she was shivering so I wrapped her up in this blanket. She stayed there like that for well over an hour! She looks at the computer screen, looks at me and naps. I am so glad she is home! And Benny is really completely Booper again! We are THRILLED! (Yes, even Mr. Macchiato!)


I had my camera in my purse and decided to take some pictures of the contrast in the weather between Monday and Tuesday as I was driving 75 miles an hour up I 25 for my doctor's appointment. That is Pike's Peak in my spotted rear view mirror.


See... 75 mph exactly. Yeah, cruise control. You can also see the temperature was 49 degrees and much warmer than the 25 degrees of the day before.


Colorado really is a beautiful place to live! I never get tired of the blue skies and mountains. The only other place on earth I'd rather live is Monterey, California. There you have the mountains, the redwoods, and the ocean. You also have to be a multi-gazillionaire. I do miss water here...



Just buzzing along and enjoying myself...




Until I hit Denver.






The TRAFFIC!!!





I 25 was closed due to an accident just after the exit I have to take so the traffic was backed up for MILES. And I had the misfortune of being next to someone blasting their Rap music which ANNOYS ME NO END.
.
Thankfully, I was able to make my appointment on time because I left so early and Dr. Wonderful did his magic on my vocal chords. Well, I think he did. No change yet. One of the injections didn't go as smoothly as usual. The great thing about this doctor is if he missed it I can go back in right away and get it re-done at no charge. No more of this waiting a month business. I'll just call and talk to him on Monday and he'll determine by the sound of my voice if I need to come back. Have I told y'all I love him? I do. I love him LOTS!
.
I had a little surprise in my e-mail inbox when I got home from one of Double Shot's teachers. They were doing a special little thing today and everyone was supposed to bring in something they really like that their family makes. He said he hoped that wasn't the first I'd heard of it. Ummmmm... yes. Yes, it was. I asked him if he knew what Double Shot said he'd bring... Cookies. Sigh. Since I communicated with the teacher it wasn't like I could play dumb and send him with some store bought cookies. So, after our Financial Peace University class (Dave Ramsey) we headed to the store for a few things and I was up until after 11 pm making cookies.
.
Because I am a dumb (okay pretend I know how to strike through words... dumb has the line through it) good Mom like that.


Orange Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
.
**Oh Good Lord... I just saw this article online... How a Healthy Diet Can Hurt the Economy. A dude named Robert Beaglehole is quoted in the article. I'm not even kidding. Beaglehole... Bwaaa Haaa Haa ha! The article is ridiculous. If people in Britain adopt a healthier diet it may affect jobs in Brazil... Markets adjust according to demand and stuff happens slowly over time. I hate articles like this.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Funny! I just happened to bake chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Not for me, of course...

Karen Deborah said...

Jen bakes cookies too and I ate them up. Deep and meaningful? I prefer your everyday humor. You can make me laugh like nobody else does. glad your doc is helping you!!

Deborah Bolack said...

I know what you mean about not being able to post anything deep right now...real life is too deep...blogging should be some what of an escape! Unlike you, I am not even going to try to keep up a schedule!
By the way, we are finally getting snow and ice. Our son and a friend came across a nasty accident last night.

Debra W said...

Yes, the realities of blog life are definitely the same ones that we must deal with in real life.

I hope that the injection was successful and that you have better use of your vocal chords very soon!

Colorado is beautiful!

Hugs from an old blogging friend,
Deb