Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Monday!!!

I think my interview went well this morning. Of course, I always think my interviews go well. LOL! We'll find out when and if I get a call with a job offer.
a
This morning I sent out this quote to the ladies at my church. I've probably shared it on here before seeing as it is a favorite of mine. In fact, I printed it out and taped it to the inside cover of my bible.
a
I like the idea that salvation and redemption are not just one time events, but an ongoing process whereby God steadily refines out our impurities and imperfections, until we are refined like silver.
a
However, us being the flawed, stubborn, childish and imperfect humans that we are, this process often moves in fits and starts, like an old jalopy with a bad clutch and clogged fuel filter.
a
God knows this, and loves us anyway. Loves us enough to stay with us, to chase us down, help us up when we stumble, welcome us back after we've left Him for the world... and we pick right back up where we left off.
a
We become his patchwork quilt of grace; little pieces of redemption, of repentance and epiphany and illumination mixed in with doubt, frustration and confusion. We sin, we repent, we stay faithful... until we don't; and then we do it all over again.
a
We need to understand that. We need to understand that God is bigger than our humanity, bigger than our pride, bigger than our stubborness. And that far from being alone in this, it is a condition common to every man and woman who has ever attempted to live a Godly life. Sometimes succeding, sometimes failing, but never, Never, NEVER too far from the Grace of God to come back again.
a
This was written on a now deleted blog by a man named Steve Berven. I am glad I copied this before he deleted his blog! Anyway, I think I may have shared this here before but it is something I don't get tired of reading.



I also love this song. Both of these lift me up on days I feel crummy about myself. I don't happen to feel that way today but... maybe someone else out there does. We all have days like that.

1 comment:

noexcuses said...

I really needed to read what you posted today, and I really, really needed to hear the beautiful song!
Thank you and God Bless you!

Praying for the job offer!