Thursday, August 12, 2010

In Awe...

Do Something Now from Children's HopeChest on Vimeo.



An amazing thing has happened in my life. In September I am going to Africa.

I got a call on Saturday morning asking if I believe in miracles. Elysa had asked me in July what it would take to get me to Africa and I told her a miracle. At that time I was waiting to hear on that job I wanted so desperately...

Everyone told me I didn't get that job because God had something better in store for me. I wanted to believe that but I don't know that I did.

I do now.

I will, of course, be sharing my journey here.

To God be the glory.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

OK, we need details! I am so excited for you. And yes there are miracles. *hugs*

claudia said...

Wow! How wonderful is that?!?

Oklahoma Granny said...

One of my dear friends just returned from a mission trip to Africa. She has shared how blessed she was to make the trip. I'm so glad you get to go.

Elysa said...

I am so excited that I get to be a part of your miraculous journey to Africa. How awesome that I get to introduce my favorite country to one of my favorite friends! :D

Trisha said...

God does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he? This sounds like such an exciting opportunity for you!

DusyMommah said...

Hmmm...if you had gotten that job, you probably wouldn't have accrued enough leave time to go to Africa...

Jeremiah 29:11 comes to mind straightaway

Hmmmm... :-)

Tea with Tiffany said...

I am beyond excited for you..I wish I could go with you. Praying for my miracle time.