Thursday, August 19, 2010

Grandma is Here

Meet Browny
a
He is 12 years old, very plump and quite odoriferous.
And... he is a sweetie.
So you know, my mother-in-law cannot smell.
At. All.
The initial meeting of the dogs was incredibly stressful!
We did it in the front yard and Double Shot had friends over.
a
Oy.
a
Benny was frothing at the mouth and acting like he was going to rip poor Browny to shreds. I had to sit under the tree petting Browny while I pet Benny with my other hand with Double Shot holding him back with the choke collar.
a
We all survived and things are okay now. There are some issues with toys and food that will hopefully get better in time.
a
Chai Tea drew this golden retriever and heart design and my mother-in-law had it tattooed on her calf. She is a real character. I've written about her before here.
a
My mother-in-law shall henceforth be known as Pumpkin Spice Latte on this blog...
Having an anonymous blog gets complicated sometimes.
Since she is now living with us she needs a "coffee" name.
a
It just occurred to me that that name is longer than mother-in-law.
aa
Oy.
aa
I'll probably just call her Pumpkin on here.
She loves anything pumpkin.
I do too.

Pumpkin Spice is sitting upstairs with a piercing in her lip. She's playing a trick on Mr. Macchiato and Double Shot. We even rubbed some lipstick around her lip and chin on that side to make it look irritated. I'm cracking up!
a
I'm also very glad she didn't really get a piercing.

7 comments:

jojo said...

she sounds like a hoot...great trick, I would love to try that out on my family!

Angela said...

Tell your mil I love her!! Coffee, you girl!! I went to see if the link that you shared was the ONE...and yepper..I also read my comments..Do you know that in November, will be two years that your 'mil' brought us together,,lol. Well we know it was God's leading,,but that story and oh ya,,I love the spatula one also with you...LOL..I love ya girl..Your the best..even have the best name..COFFEE!!

Trisha said...

Okay - Pumpkin looks like a hoot! I say that Brownie needs a good bath so he isn't quite so aromatic!

SheroSkyKnight said...

I'm unique! I'm the only one that doesn't have a "coffee" name.

Coffee Bean said...

Hey Fly Boy! You've been Fly Boy since the beginning because of the Air Force... would you like a coffee name???

Coffee Bean said...

Well, now, wait a minute... Chai Tea is not a coffee name but you can get one in a coffee shop.

Chris H said...

That fake piercing looks very real!