Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rambling...

This was taken from our front porch last year. This time of year we can sometimes see hot air balloons early in the morning... usually on Fridays and Saturdays. I haven't seen one yet but am hoping to soon. To me they mean summer has officially arrived.

My goodness... I went to a worship/bible study in a men's prison last night. It was the first time I'd done that and there is so much I want to share. I'm just not able to articulate it all yet... I'm still processing. I will tell you this, I learned some things and there's been a major shift in my perspective.

I am doing a difficult hike on Saturday. It is a 11'er (11,000 ft in elevation) and the most difficult hike I've attempted. I'm a bit nervous about it. Last year I had some trouble on hikes on the way down with my right knee. I'm very careful and really listen to my body's warning signs (that comes from ignoring them in the past and paying the price) and have avoided those hikes with huge elevation changes. Each pound that you are overweight adds an additional 4 lbs of pressure to your knees and when you are going downhill it is brutal. I weigh less and am in better condition than last fall so I'm hoping I'll do okay. The only way I'll know if I'm ready to progress is if I try a hard hike.

I met with a gal yesterday that has her own employment agency. Mr. Macchiato knows her through work. I actually had a good time just talking with her at a restaurant and she had some great insights to offer about what she thought would be good for me. When I got home I checked my e-mail and had the most wonderful recommendation letter from someone waiting in my inbox. I'm feeling much more positive about the job search. I'm just hoping and praying that when I do get a job that it will be a perfect fit where I'll be able to continue doing the other things I want to.

Oh... and... my voice is the best it has been in over 5 years. I almost feel "normal". I'm actually beginning to feel more confident on the phone and am finding it easier to pick it up to call people. I developed this crazy avoidance of the phone that is almost like a phobia. I cannot tell you how freeing it is to have the phone ring and be able to answer it with only slight hesitation.

Have a Great Day!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

That darn phone phobia thing! I completely understand because even though my voice is good now, I still have a slight fear of the phone. How rational is that?

Good luck on your hike - just take it easy when you need to and I am sure you will do fine!

Melody said...

I'm so glad that your voice is doing well!! That hot air balloon pic is great! I used to live in Provo, UT and love the hot air balloons sailing over my house every 4th of July.

Good luck with the job search!♥

Chris H said...

I don't like answering the phone either... but only because 9 times out of 10 it's bad news.. or at least I think it's going to be!