Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back to Blogging!!!

Sometimes I get tired of blogging and need a break. I took a break from facebook as well, although not as long of one. Before I lost my voice I only got on the computer when I had to. I was terrible about returning emails and didn't understand the people that frequented message boards and the like. I really don't know how I would have gotten through the isolation brought on through losing my voice without it.



It's only been about a year that I've been really active on facebook. I got one almost a year before that but it all confused me too much. I love how I've been able to reconnect with old friends and family on there. There are ladies from church on there too and it is a lot of fun.

The truth is the computer has become a big part of my life. I haven't always been okay with that and have struggled with it. I'm a people person and prefer face to face contact. I have met so many wonderful people through this blog. People I consider to be good friends... and I don't even know if I'll ever get to actually meet them in person. That has bothered me and I've thought that computer friends are not really real friends. But, you know what? They are. In fact, I've come to realize that sometimes the absence of some things allow the communication to go to another level that isn't always possible in real life.


Of course, there is a danger that what is being represented isn't true. You do have to be careful. Very careful...


Let me tell you something... this here dog is LOVED! What a pure spirit he has! Too bad people can't be more like dogs in some ways. He loves everybody. Well, almost. Believe me, I sit up and take notice if he doesn't like someone.


This picture so perfectly captures Benny's essence. He is a big hairy dog that can be a pain in many ways. The love he gives far exceeds anything we do for him though.


Oh Booper!


I hope all you blogging buddies have a wonderful day! I look forward to getting caught up with y'all over the rest of this week and finding out what you've been up to.
a
God Bless!!!

10 comments:

Trisha said...

What a wonderful, laid-back dog you have! It looks like he (and your whole family) had a super time on that hike!

I completely understand your feelings about the computer. For me it is a love/hate kind of thing!

Melody said...

He is such a beautiful dog! You've probably said what breed he is, but I don't remember. Could you refresh my memory?

How *is* your voice? Has the new dr. been able to keep you talking? So glad that you found someone who understands and can work with you!

Glad to have you back! ♥

Coffee Bean said...

Hey Ladies!

Melody, Benny is a Golden Retriever and the voice is bad. I needed another injection almost a month ago but our insurance made us jump through hoops. I go in tomorrow... FINALLY!

Mrs. Beamer said...

I missed you during your blog break, Coffee Bean....glad to have you back again!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Humans can certainly learn a lot from a dog's nature.

Together We Save said...

Wonderful pictures... your dog seems to be enjoying yourself.

Angela said...

Just came back to say I read this a few hours ago but didn't have time to leave a comment..((hugs)) Breaks are good,,,you get energized. My family thinks when I talk about my 'friends' they are like,,'what your blogging friends?'lol

Deborah said...

Nice to see you back! Love the pictures.

Karen Deborah said...

I"m bout ready for a dog I think. What a Booper he is a luvins!

Paula said...

Welcome back. Glad we're both back to blogging. Such a sweet dog!!