Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

We celebrated Mother's Day Saturday night with a trip to our favorite Italian restaurant.
a
This is the Manicotti and it is aMaZiNg!!!
a
Chai Tea had to work and Double Shot had a flag football game and then a school project he needed to work on with friends on Sunday.
a
Sooooo... I spent the day alone with the man who made me a mother!
a
When I said that in front of the kids we got substantial groaning.
a
It was awesome!
We all went to church and then our separate ways.
a
All us Moms got a rose at church.
aa
I wish y'all could smell it!

Our Aspens are blooming!!!



I can't count the times my kids brought me dandelions when they were small...
Their bright shining faces, telling me they loved me and asking me if I liked little "lellow" flowers. Yes. I did. And I do.


Booper's first adventure in the new car!
a
Yup. I got the Dodge Caliber and I LOVE it!
a
That is Chai Tea helping keep him in.


The music choice for the drive...
a
Love this CD!!!



There is nothing like standing on top of a mountain.
a
Nothing.



This is the view to the east from atop Mt. Herman.



Pictures never do what we see justice.
There was a train winding its way through as we sat there.



I can't wait to go hiking when everything has bloomed.
a
Spring has not yet come to the higher elevations.



We couldn't get Benny to drink earlier in the hike...
a
He was more than ready for some water once we reached the top!




My mountain top apple.




A view to the west.




I never get tired of looking at Pike's Peak!




Dirty little car!


Clementine needs a bath!
a
I named her Clementine.
a
Because she is orange.
a
And small.


What is happening?
a
I don't like this!!!

NO BENNY!!!
a
GET BACK BENNY!!!
a
BAAAAAAACK!!!
a
Yell at me all you want, I'm coming up there!


Oh Daddy! I'm scared!


Da Boops back in the back.


My Little Clementine is all Clean!!!

6 comments:

paul mitchell said...

Oh how I lurve taking dogs through the carwash. My dachshund used to come unglued and usually wound up under the center console.

Flea said...

You're hilarious. :) And your Clementine is beautiful. :)

Oklahoma Granny said...

I would have heard groans of anguish if I'd made the same statement you did. Beautiful rose - we need scent-o-blogs.

Our dogs are scared to death of the car wash.

If you don't already have it, you might like Josh Turner's newest cd. It's great!

Chris H said...

I love your hiking photos.
YOur wee car is VERY cute... and not a horrible shade of ORANGE at all... in fact I like it!

Karen Deborah said...

cuteness! love it that you spent mothers day with the daddy--hugs!

Paula said...

Loved all the pictures!!! What a great day!! Your clementine is a cutie!!