Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blogging

I miss it.

A lot.

I still haven't found a job.

My house is a mess this morning.

I am choosing JOY!!!

I am having a second cup of coffee...

And then... I am going to turn up the stereo and get busy.

It is easy to let the things slide that I do have control over when I'm worrying about all the things I can't control.

A friend of mine once bought a bunch of antique magazines at an estate sale. I can't remember if it was Good Housekeeping or Ladies Home Journal... at any rate, it was one of those types and it was from the 40's or 50's. There was an article in one of them about the benefits of violent housecleaning. I kid you not. We busted a gut when she read it aloud to me. I've probably mentioned it somewhere on this blog before... it is where I got the idea for aerobic housecleaning. Isn't it funny how little things like that can stick in your mind for years? I think my house needs a violent going over. LOL!

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are!

5 comments:

Flea said...

My house needs a violent housecleaning. Some parts more than others. Have fun, CB.

claudia said...

I like the idea of violent housekeeping! Except that I don't have the energy for it. I'm more the peaceful, oh if I must disturb the dust kind of housekeeper.
It's much better to choose JOY!!!
It's raining here. April showers...blah, blah, blah.

Angela said...

It is easy to let the things slide that I do have control over when I'm worrying about all the things I can't control.


Oh my goodness Coffee,,this hit me right between the eyes...I guess that is what I've been doing. hmmmmm...sigh! I will choose joy too even though I just want to curl up and bawl and bawl and bawl.

Just Me said...

My house needs a violent cleaning and a violent overhaul besides.

I well understand your point about worry, too.

Chris H said...

I hope you got lots done!