Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top O the Mornin' to Ya!!!

Me: Goooood Moooooornin'!!! Get up! Get up! I'll get you McDonald's if we are out the door by 6:45 am!
a
Double Shot: Ugh...
a
Me: Come on! It's St. Patty's Day!
a
Double Shot: Maaaaaahhhaaammmm... I'm not a morning person. Just leave.
a
Me: I won't take you to McDonald's! Get up! Get up!
a
Double Shot: I'm getting up. Go away!
a
I went in my room and laid on my bed while I sang, "Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms."
a
Double Shot: There is something wrong with you.
a
I waited a little bit then I took one of the ugly clay things my girls made into his room and had it sing, "I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt.."
a
Double Shot: Mom! You are making it take me longer!
a
Then he grabbed the clay thing and dropped it on the floor. I picked it up and had it looking at him while she screamed about the abuse. He couldn't help it. He laughed.
a
There was the usual complaining about me on the way to McDonald's. I'm a freak, you know.
a
McDonald's Dude: Good Morning what can I get for you? (said with NO enthusiasm whatsoever)
a
Me: Goooooood Moooooornin!!! It's a fabulous St. Patty's Day! (Double Shot started hitting me) I've got me a ginormous grumpy Leprechaun here! I'd like a large Shamrock shake and a McGriddle with sausage, egg and cheese please!
a
McDonald's Dude: (awkward silence for a couple seconds) Will that be all?
a
Me: Yup!
a
McDonald's Dude: That'll be $7.07 at the first window.
a
Double Shot: YOU ARE A FREAK!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!
a
McDonald's Dude: (so not smiling and sending off don't even talk to me vibes) $7.07.
a
Me: HAVE A HAPPY DAY!!!
a
Double Shot: Laughing... Oh my gosh, you are a FURRREEAK!!!
a
McDonald's Chick: Ummmm... we don't have Shamrock shakes. Do you want to pick another flavor or get a refund.
a
Me: Chocolate.
a
McDonald's Chick: (as she hands me the shake) Sorry about that!
a
Me: You tell your manager that y'all should be PINCHED for not having Shamrock shakes on St. Patricks Day!!!
a
McDonald's Chick: Laughing... yeah..
a
Then I proceeded to yell out Happy St. Patty's Day to some business dudes in the parking lot... and then to another dude walking down the street while Double Shot slunk down in his seat laughing hysterically.
a


Happy
St. Patrick's
Day!!!

7 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

Totally funny post this morning although I could have done without that last part. Sometimes I have a weak stomach.

An Irish blessing to you this morning, darlin'!

Just Me said...

I think my husband would love to have your cheerful self as a wife instead of me.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Melody said...

Ugh! A morning person as well as a Monday person. I don't know if we can still be friends. ;)

Have a Wonderful St. Patrick's Day! :)

Angela said...

Too precious of a story..except for the horking part, LOL..

top of the morning to ya too sweet sis..The daycare children and I've been saying this all morning, lol

Flea said...

Here's what I'm reading into this: Coffee Bean is talking and singing and enjoying life. Congratulations, gorgeous!

claudia said...

I love that you can go through the drive through and tell them what you want without a bunch of "What?" and "Huh?" going on...
What? You didn't tell them you wanted it to go? I always to that!

elysa mac said...

Love, love, LOVE IT and I love you!!!!!