Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Year's Experiment Update

Meh.

The challenge at our gym started 4 weeks ago tomorrow. I've got 8 weeks left. I had all my stats re-done this morning. I've lost ten pounds and seven inches. However, looking in my file we found that my measurements were not taken correctly at the beginning. The measurements today showed that my fat percentage has gone up but that is not possible. I did not think that my fat percentage measurement was right when they took it and I said something then. This means my results are going to be skewed. Today I was one percentage point higher than what was stated in the records. Oy.

My before pictures are in that file as well. HORRIFYING. Why on earth did I do this? I signed a release for those pictures. OH. MY. SWEET. JESUS.

That's not swearing. It is a prayer of DESPERATION.

Wow. I've had some people tell me I'm brave. Ummm. No. Stupid would be more accurate.

WHY? why? WhY? Waaaaahuuuuhuuuuwhhhhhhhhy???

On a more positive note... yes, I am aware 10 lbs and 7 inches means I've made progress. It is my problem that I wanted more progress than that. Also... the blood sugar has been excellent and I have not been in the pre-diabetes range at all the last couple weeks. No drugs for me.

10 comments:

Rusty's Mom said...

"Also... the blood sugar has been excellent and I have not been in the pre-diabetes range at all the last couple weeks. No drugs for me."

This is what really matters, all those other numbers are gravy. These numbers will keep you alive and healthy.

Congratulations, it sounds like you are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work. Weight that comes off slowly but surely stays off. E

paul mitchell said...

Mmmm, Rusty's Mom said, "Gravy." I think that I shall go have some. On Pop-Tarts!

I am understanding that you are now all of 5'-4" tall. Is this actually what you were trying to accomplish?

Angela said...

Wow..you and I started at the same time working out...what the heck!~!Good for you but I still haven't lost a pound..SIGH..these last 20 lbs are sucking the life out of me girl..110 lbs was easy compared to these last ..SIGH.....

noexcuses said...

Congrats to you! Keep it up! Your friends are right...numbers don't matter, health does.

Great job!!!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations on taking the steps to work out. I always plan to, but I come up with some excuse or other. 10 pounds is a LOT!
Lindsey Petersen
http://5kidswdisabilities.wordpress.com

Chris H said...

You have done REALLY REALLY WELL in 4 weeks!!! Congrats.

Trisha said...

Congrats!! You are doing super with this whole program even though you don't feel like you are doing well enough! Pish-posh! Ten pounds and seven inches AND the blood sugar being in the excellent range???? WONDERFUL!

Loving Life A Latte said...

Yay for the weight loss!!! Thanks for following my new blog address...I'm following you too. You know I'm all about the coffee and I love reading your blog a latte!!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Way to go, girl! Keep up the good work.

Paula Loving Life A Latte said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!