Monday, February 8, 2010

Blogging Blahs

I don't know what to blog about. I've got the Blogging Blahs... again. I haven't had time to read many other blogs and what I like most about blogging is the going back and forth between blogs. Just writing stuff on mine and leaving it hang out there... meh.

The problem is that the people that I know in "real life" that read this blog get worried when I don't post. I can't talk on the phone. This blog and facebook are tools that allow me to be social in a different way and allows friends and family a window into our life (well, the ones that know about it, LOL!).

So... I'm just going to briefly state some of the things that have been going on that have made it hard for me to blog lately.

Another blogger has converted from Christianity to Atheism. I'm sure there are some who read here that also read her blog. I had her personal e-mail in my address book from when I won a contest of hers some time back and was surprised when she answered me. I was honest with her about my having struggled with many of the same questions she has. In July of 2008, I posted Up Close and Personal. This past week I've thought so much about this blogger and revisited all of my questions... when I looked this post up it amazed me how even though it was written a year and half ago, it all still applies for me.

I was supposed to start posting regularly on my Uneducated blog and had the idea to interview people. I even contacted a Senator here that agreed and we had several e-mails back and forth but then... he never got around to actually answering my questions. That was a roller coaster because I got so excited about it and then... nothing came of it. I also started researching different relief agencies and wanted to do a sort of series... which I still want to do. However, that sparked in me a desire to get back into doing something myself instead of waiting around for it to be easier for me to do so.

I spent Saturday morning serving in a new ministry to the homeless. My mind is very much occupied with this...

I've been going through cupboards and closets... re-organizing and de-cluttering.

I've been chatting with Fly Boy on facebook quite a bit. He and Chai Tea are seriously considering moving back here. This is HUGE!!! (Little background if you haven't read my blog long... Chai Tea is our oldest daughter. She ran away 2 years ago. Fly Boy is her fiance' and was her boyfriend at that time).

We had a bunch of people over for the Super Bowl and had a great time!

We finally got the insurance authorization for my doctor in Denver. Mr. Macchiato and I will be going up there next week for my botox injections and speech therapy.

And all kinds of other stuff... wrestling... dates with friends... bible study... I feel like myself again. After two years... wow.

AND... this normally non TV watching person has been watching TV. 24, Lost... and dare I admit American Idol??? Oy. We do DVR these shows so we can skip all the commercials and watch it when we feel like it... which is usually about 5 minutes after they end. So, I am off to watch tonight's 24 episode.

I'll try to reconnect with you bloggers on your blogs this week. I miss you!

11 comments:

jojo said...

you sound plenty busy to me! I've lost my muse too, it's just hard to blog sometimes. It's o.k. I'll still be here...take care. jj

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

It is alright to have blogging blahs - different seasons come and go and lately you have had other directions God is taking you. Go with it and don't put pressure on yourself. Sometimes it is good to say not to things, like blogging, etc. So excited for you to have started working with the homeless and that your insurance went through to get the treatment in Denver. I will be praying that it is effective. You are at such a wonderful place and I am so glad for you.

Melody said...

Life happens to the best of us. Good luck with everything!

Just Me said...

No offense taken here with your blogging absence, Coffee Bean.
I'm very happy and excited about the things you've posted, and I hope and pray for good results all around.

Trisha said...

Good news about the Botox and therapy! Please let us know how that goes! I have nothing but positive thoughts of you and your therapy!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Due to weather and our seemingly unstable satellite service I haven't been able to access the internet for the past few days. Consequently I haven't posted anything either until today.

So glad your insurance has come thru. Wonderful news about your daughter and her fiancee.

I only watch one reality show, Dancing With The Stars. But this season the nephew of a friend is on American Idol and has made it to Hollywood. So I've been sucked in. If he doesn't make it too far I'll probably not watch the whole season, we'll just have to see. Being from OK I did watch the last 1/2 season when Carrie Underwood was on.

Mrs. Beamer said...

CB, I'm very hopeful that your Botox injections and speech therapy will be successful.

Mr. B and I miss reading the "Uneducated Housewife" blog. Perhaps to simplify your workload, just throw out a simple question concerning something in the current news. Then there would be no research or time consuming writing for you.

We used to be fans of 24. Several years ago, it got "politically correct" and jumped the shark. We also got tired of the majority of the cast members getting killed off.

Rusty's Mom said...

I'm afraid of the blogging blahs. I think it sounds like you're pretty busy right now anyway. Also sounds like you have some good things working for you. You'll get the urge to write again. Don't push it though or it will spoil the joy you get from it. Take care. E

MaBunny said...

I've missed you too! I haven't had a whole lot of time to read blogs or blog myself for that matter - will be trying to rectify that matter SOON!

Angela said...

awww, the decluttering...my new favorite word...Will be praying about the kids coming back....the wonderful blogging blahs..oh girl...I'm right there...bla bla bla is all I keep thinking...Like does the blog have to consume me...NOT...

Junebug said...

I haven't posted on my blog much but I still find time for Facebook. I too have been concerned and thinking about that newly found atheist blogger. It has me thinking about what to say or not. I only want to say something if it would be helpful. So far I'm at a loss.