Monday, February 22, 2010

Big Changes...

Things had been changing around here before I got my voice back.

My mother-in-law and Chai Tea are going to be moving in with us in May or June. Fly Boy (Chai Tea's fiance) left the ROTC program and may or may not be enlisting in the Reserves and... is planning on moving here as well. These will be pretty major changes.

An immediate change I didn't see coming is that I'm looking for a job. I've been doing the stay at home Mom gig for 22+ years. This should be interesting. We are feeling the effects of this current economy more and more. So far Mr. Macchiato has been able to juggle things and keep all our balls up in the air but... he doesn't know how much longer he can do it. We've been praying. I can't help but wonder if the return of my voice is an answer and a way for us to meet those needs now. If God can work through a doctor and allow a treatment to work that I've had many times before with no result... He can work through an employer to see past my lack of experience, consider my potential, and give me a chance.

You know... you really never do know what is around the corner for you. I wasted so much time here at home! I have all these projects that I've put off... the office closet, all our pictures, working on my book... Why is it that the more time I have the less I get done? I hate that about myself! I've taken steps over the last several months... a sort of flexing of my atrophied multi-tasking muscles... but, hadn't really gotten back into using them regularly. I suppose I need pressure to do that. Well, I'm feeling some pressure! And... you know what? I think I like it.

Some people are afraid of change. Not me. I think it is the Army Brat in me. I was so afraid that the rest of my life was going to be spent waiting around like I have been the last couple years...

As fellow blogger Chris likes to say... ONWARD!!!

7 comments:

Loving Life A Latte said...

Change is so very good. I'm an Air Force brat who was very used to change when I was growing up. I'll pray for you and these changes. ((hugs))

Oklahoma Granny said...

God is in control and that perfect job is out there waiting on you. I'll keep you and all your changes in my prayers.

Memaw's memories said...

Sounds like you are up for a change. My sister-in-law who had also been a stay home mom for 22 years has gone to work. I'm not too sure she's terribly happy about it, but adjustments have to be made sometimes.

Good luck with the job search. Since God allowed your voice to be fixed, He'll surely find you a job.

Karen Deborah said...

You GO girl!! I am just luvin all this excitement comin from you. All those folks moving back in? Yikes that is scary---get a full time job and work over time!!

Angela said...

I find I work better under stress..under the crunch..Yes, change IS good. I've finally learned that,,,sigh. Thank God!

Flea said...

You go girl! You'll find the right job. God has a pretty good sense of humor when it comes to these things. He put me in a psych hospital when I finally went back to work. It rocked.

Kathy said...

Rooting for you all the way!