Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What a HOOT!!!

I begged and pleaded with my Dad to join facebook. Actually, I beg and plead with a lot of people to join facebook. I just LOVE it! It is a wonderful tool for me that makes staying in touch so much easier. And I love the chat feature! Anyway, HE DID IT!!! Of course, he was totally guilted into it. I have no shame.
a
Little did I know I would get some blog fodder out of it. I'm lifting a conversation off my Dad's wall. What? I told you I have no shame!
a
Trevor (my 6'10" little brother): Nice to see they will let you on Facebook, I'm glad they can forgive your moral turpitude and dismal character. I mean, Howling at the moon, Jumping ditches, stinking feet, lies and all. God bless Facebook and their all inclusive, forgiving nature.
a
Me: ROFLMAO!!!
a
Me: Oh... wait... you are OLD and probably don't know what ROFLMAO means!!! Here ya go Daddio...Rolling on floor laughing my ass off. See, you learn something new every day!
a
Trevor: It can't be very christian to say ass... I'm offended.
a
Dad: My son, it is very good that they don't hold progeny against you because it isn't my morality that's questionable (it is what it is) but rather that which I have produced. My darling daughter, ROFLMAO indeed.
a
Me: Oh! Sorry! *ss. Better?
a
Trevor: Well, we'll let that crazy degenerate old man think what he may. The fact that a human being as lovely and special as my self, could be considered progeny of his is the proof of God's grace, or evolution at least. P.S. You can say any variety of ass that you wish my lovely sister, although you never have been an accomplished swearer.
a
Trevor: Love You Dad.
a
Trevor: You too Sis.
a
Dad: Son, son, son, you prove what I say every time and you're right Kelly never could swear for squat.
a
Trevor: Father... I can over look your hatred of children, puppies, and Jesus, you know, cause you're my Dad, but please don't infect such a holy place such as facebook with your incoherent rhetoric.
a
Dad: Incoherent rhetoric? You have too much time on your hands.
a
Dad: By the by, I don't hate puppies!
a
Trevor: lol, How you doing old Man?
a
Dad: I am tired so I am about to go to bed but you keep writing on my wall. You graffitiest.
a
Dad: Trevor the tagger!
a
Trevor: Good night Pops, Love You.
a
Dad: Goodnight my son. I love you.
a
Me: I'm putting this conversation on my blog!!! Y'all are too funny! I LOVE YOU!!!
a
Awwwwww... Ain't we all so Waltonish!?!?!

8 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

I've tried everything to get my hubby on FB but he won't budge. Many of his friends have "friended" me and he wants to know what's going on with them but not enough so he'll actually join in the fun. What was your dad's final breaking point?

Paula said...

That's so cute!!! Precious. My parents don't do Facebook...wish they did. Thank you for your encouraging comment on my Golden Retriever post. ((hugs))

Trisha said...

Your family facebook conversation makes me laugh! Way better than my conversations with my mother even though I am sure that some of those would make good Blog fodder too!

Kathy said...

LMAO, I have been trying face book for a few months, but don't realy 'get' it. too old maybe. I don't text either, still ride a horse, don't know any new tv shows or actors, sheesh maybe I should just go live in a cave. oh wait, I do like the blogs, maybe there is hope for me. We drove to Reno yesterday, I thought of you (a long comment you once posted ;) ) and I wondered how your brother and you Dad were doing. Great to read from them this morning. What a fun 'fiesty' bunch ya'll are!

Flea said...

That's hysterical! You bunch of heathens, you. :)

Melody said...

Goodnight, Mary Ellen! ;)

Cute conversation!

Rustys Mom said...

Way more fun than my time on FB.

Thanks for visiting my new blog and leaving a comment too.

Just Me said...

Ditto Rusty's Mom. You have a lot more fun with your FB walls than I do.