Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Time



Gosh... Trying to lose weight is time consuming. It is not just finding the time to work out... it is the meal planning and preparation too. I have to admit, I am a bit stressed. Here I am a stay at home Mom with only one kid, who happens to be in high school and gone until 5:30 pm every night, and you'd think I had all the time in the world. I don't.

This is terrible... I still have Christmas decorations to put away. They are all sitting on the ping pong table in the basement. It is so easy to throw stuff down there and forget about it. The tree in the basement is still up. Oy.

I am behind on my laundry. Part of the reason is that Frappy is home and every time I go to put something in she's got something going. That girl can go six weeks or more without doing laundry... she has that many pairs of underwear and clothes. Good Lord. I think she has more (and nicer) towels than I do.

Guess what?!?!? This is HUGE. I stopped putting sweetener in my coffee. Okay... someone should probably revive my mother. I hated coffee and never drank it until I was 36 years old. I was helping take care of my Grandpa while he was dying of cancer and I was desperate. I've always put tons of sugar or sweetener. It was downright embarrassing. I'm a big girl now!!! All I'm putting in it is fat free half and half. No flavor. Wow. I have to say... I'm amazed. I do drink a lot of tea, mostly green. The fact is though, if you need a caffeine hit... nothing does it like coffee. I only drink one or two cups a day though.

I'm meeting with the trainer again this morning. I hope he doesn't hurt me. Something strange happened when I met with him last time. He had me on the incline treadmill at 18% grade (I've never put it higher than 9%) and going at a speed of 2.5 miles an hour to start. Then he stood there talking the whole time and I just had to do it. It wasn't bad but I like to start out slow and gradually increase things. My lungs and throat were burning a bit. I tend to avoid that feeling. However, afterwards I had some words come out stronger and it got me wondering. It didn't last long. When I went through speech therapy I did the breathing exercises and worked very hard at doing what the speech pathologist had me doing... but... hmmmmm. I don't think my weight has anything to do with my voice because I was thinner than I am now when I was diagnosed. Maybe working out really hard and breathing really hard will change things. Wouldn't that be something???

Oh... and I am now off ALL medication. Including my water pills. Those were the scariest for me to stop. I can take them if I start to swell though. It makes me crazy that we don't know why I do that. Those are something I will keep on hand though, just in case.

My goodness, this is a boring post. Well, I'm off. I've got a lot to cram into this day.

8 comments:

paul mitchell said...

You chicks really crack me up with y'all's crazy way of doing things. The male philosophy works every time, yet y'all refuse to listen. If you want to change something about your life, systematically remove one thing, try that for a while and gauge the results. Then, if that doesn't work, try something new. Yes, our way takes more time, but we do not go nuts in the process. Ask your husband, he'll tell you the truth because HE is not crazy.

Or you could try stuff the chick way, change everything all at once, fail to the get results that you want and assume you were doing it right all along.

Nuthead.

Gladys said...

Keep it girl!

Oh and for a little extra umph in your coffee try sprinkling a little bit of cinnamon into the grounds before you brew. It gives it a great flavor without sugar.

Flea said...

Have fun cramming!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Rooting for you all the way! Keep up the good work.

CrazeeTeacherLady said...

This post is not boring. I have started some exercise and try to drink more water, but I am still not ready to change my eating habits. I know if I change everything at once, I will fall flat on my face and stay fat. (Or maybe that is just an excuse because I am not motivated enough?) Oh well, good luck. Keep up the good work!

Paula said...

Yep, it's very time consuming. Glad to see you're making time for yourself. Good job!!

Melody said...

I hear ya. I just put away my Christmas decorations on Sunday. But I had a theory! I wanted to be truly "done" with Christmas this year. So even though I worried about what my neighbors thought, I decided to do what felt right. Now I wonder if I'll still long for Christmas come the end of January like I usually do....

Good luck with everything!

Trisha said...

You can do it Coffee Bean! Just don't think of the the pain! I do admire you working out with a personal trainer. Of course, I have one . . . on the Wii!