Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday Thrills

Apparently, the tassel thingies on my snow boots are something to be attacked by my dogs.

"Oh Look!" they say...
"There are more of them!"
a
Yes, I go outside in the snow in my pajamas.

"Are you kidding me? I don't want to go potty out here!"


While I stand around and wait...
and wait...
and wait...
a
I look at the world around me.





I love how the snow looks like it has glitter in it.



She's sitting at my feet... in the snow... refusing to go.
a
Shall we take bets on how long it will be before I find a present in the house?
Anyone out there teach their dog to use a cat box?
She is that size...
Mr. Macchiato already calls her, "Cat."
a
We are not cat people.
a
The spring on my garage door broke.
a
We cannot even open it manually.
a
I thought it was a blessing that it happened when our vehicles weren't in it...
a
If they had been it would be fixed by now.
a
Our trash can is trapped inside.
And we missed the trash last week...
I had to dig all the trash out and bag it... and drag it through my house to the curb.
a
I'd say I'm pretty blessed if that is the extent of my woes today.
a
My favorite coffee creamer this time of year is Peppermint Mocha.
The problem is that it is full of sugar.
I decided to make my own Peppermint Mocha this morning.
a
It totally sucked.
a
I'm still decorating for Christmas. You? The lights have slowed everything down and I've been busy too. Last night we had a fancy party to go to. We had blue martinis with some sort of LED light... plastic ice cube thing in them. They tasted awful but sure warmed up the insides quick. It was only 12 degrees with a sub zero windchill. Thank God they had valet parking! They had a live band, buffet, open bar and... we stayed one hour. It was a long hour. LOL!
a
Then... we stopped at Blockbuster and rented, "Four Christmases." I fell asleep watching it.
a
Isn't my life thrilling?

9 comments:

paul mitchell said...

Coffee Bean, just pick the little dog up, hold it out the window, and S-Q-U-E-E-Z-E. Problem solved, no box of animal poo sausages required.

Just Me said...

Re: Garage door. You say the spring is broken and the opener won't handle the job? There should be a rope hanging from the opener to release the door. Then you should be able to pull the door up manually. It won't be easy to lift, but it's doable.

Hopefully "Cat" will learn to adapt from Benny. Either that or you can shovel a patch clear for her to use.

Karen Deborah said...

well actually that is a lot of excitement, in a negative kind of way. Bummer bummer bummmer. you can get pet pads for the princess to potty on. she hasn't ever seen snow before has she. Maybe you should get her little boots for her feet? That dog is too cute to have to really act like a dog. I keep acquiring cats and what I would like is a dog.
since the man is putting in flooring for me I am not pushing my luck asking for a puppy.

You know with that much stress maybe you can have a peppermint mocha and call it medicine.

I just read PM's comment pretty funny--a little warped but funny.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

dang i was hoping the coffee stuff was good... sigh... figures...
cute pups... and I think i would have issues with going in the snow... but then again... I think i would go fast just to get back inside!

Oklahoma Granny said...

If you read my post from today you were probably laughing yourself silly about what a wimp I am over cold weather. I hate hot weather but I don't know about 12 degrees - wooo! That's cold! 3 years ago this Christmas Eve we got our little princess (she was all of 5 1/2 weeks old) and there was ice on the ground for several days. That getting up 3 or 4 times at night and trying to get her to go on the ice without me falling on my fanny was not a fun time. None of our 3 inside dogs like going whether it's in rain or snow.

claudia said...

My little dog is too much of a princess to get her feet wet, so when it rains she refuses to go outside. REFUSES.
She was getting into trouble when she would leave me gifts in the frontroom. I would force her to go outside and get everything wet, while I cleaned up the gifts. Then she figured out what we use the bathroom for, she now uses the bathroom. I still have to clean up the gifts, but it is a tad more tolerable!
Great pictures! I love snow...in pictures!

Chris H said...

Poor little dog, I wouldn't go potty out there either!
Sorry your coffee experiment sucked.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ydugocezud.freehostyou.com/agafyz.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Gladys said...

Get your dog a potty mat. They have them at Petsmart. It looks like grass and you can put it in the laundry room and Taffy will love you.

OK here goes. Pepperment mocha.
Russel stovers sugar free milk chocolate bar, sugar free peppermint candy and coffee mate french vanilla non diary creamer. In the bottom of your cup put 1 square of chocolate, (you can also use unsweetened chocolate squares)and 1/2 the peppermint. Add the creamer and pour in your coffee. Let it sit for a few minutes until the peppermint and chocolate start to dissolve. Stir and stir and stir. Then drink.