Thursday, December 31, 2009

Getting Real

This is me in July 2009






At my heaviest...




YIKES!!!




This is Mr. Macchiato and I way back when.












Here we are in June 2008 on our trip to Seattle.
a


At my heaviest... been at my heaviest for awhile.






This was taken last year around this time.


a


Ummm... that piece of paper ain't hiding much Honey!






Ahhhhh... the glory days...






August 2009

a
Whenever I see a picture of me sitting it always throws me for a bit of a loop. I look so much... fatter... sitting. Oy.
a
We joined a gym in July. That was all Double Shot wanted for his birthday... a family membership to the gym. Ouch. His birthday present ended up being more of a present for us than it has been for him.
a
Mr. Macchiato has lost 45 lbs and spent time this summer hiking 14'ers. I am hoping to join him next summer. He is down to the last 5 lbs. I have lost weight too but have a good bit yet to go. I've lost and gained weight many times over the years. This is the first time Mr. Macchiato has jumped on the bandwagon and I'm so excited about it. He was my biggest saboteur. I no longer have to fix different food for myself. We are eating the same things.
a
Hiking is so addicting! There is nothing like being outside pushing yourself and being rewarded with incredible views when you reach your destination. When I am at the gym I think about being able to go farther the next time I'm out on those mountains.
a
So... my goal is to, first and foremost, take care of this pre-diabetes situation, hopefully without drugs. Secondly, to no longer have my body limit me in any way. I want to be strong and healthy.
a


December 31, 2009

9 comments:

paul mitchell said...

Y'all must be hideously ugly for you to crop your heads out of every photo. Thanks for sparing us that fright!

jojo said...

you are gorgeous! at any size, I might add. I do understand the need to lose some weight and take care of the pre-diabetes. It is a great motivator and I know you will conquer it. Happy New Year CB, Blessings to you and yours...;p

Angela said...

Oh my goodness gracious girl, you look AMAZING in that pic,,you headless woman,,LOL LOL LOL....lol..I'm laughing my ass off here right now..

You do though Coffee..You and I are so much of the same body shape, my 'puppies' were bigger though..and what's up with us always putting something in front of us eh? Your SO right,,as if it could hide anything,LOL.

Many of my old pictures I had a pillow..as IF that would make me slimmer looking,,lol.

I'm so proud of you girl.I should share a pic of Randy and I in the 'day'. I have it on our fridge..we are dressed to go to a 50's dance...

Happy New Year my precious sister...

Coffee Bean said...

You are oh so most welcome Paul! LOL!

And thanks JoJo and Angela. Y'all are too kind!

Karen Deborah said...

and you are well on your way! and to PM she is NOT ugly she is gorgeous. All the more reason to hide!

I am just plain fat, have another chocolate kiss...

Kathy said...

Go Girl! I have been so excited about your hiking blogs recently and look forward to many more! You look stunningly beautiful....even without a head.

I thought of you today as I was flying. An airline attendant snapped at the woman seated in front of me when she responded to his request for her drink order. He was unable to understand her and it seemed to anger him. I felt bad for her that he used 'that tone' with her, and bad for him that he didn't consider the possiblity that her soft voice wasn't being used just to make his life more difficult. Thank you JB for educating your readers! Happy New Years and Happy Trails!

Deborah said...

Great photos...even if they are headless! Brian & I are starting a weight loss and exercise program too. It's so much easier to work at it together. Our before pictures will be posted this coming Tuesday...and we even have heads!

Angela said...

Happy New Year beautiful...

and I just read Paul's comment,,too funny.

Oklahoma Granny said...

You go girl! I woke up this morning and my first thought was I want to be in better shape at the end of 2010 than I am now. Reading your post gave me encouragement and I thank you.