Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dogs... OY!!!

Booper is the most affectionate dog we've ever known...
and he has the most expressive face!
a
He is a pain in many ways but he also brings a lot of JOY!
No need for fake icicle decorations around our porch.
We've got the real deal.


I came home the other day to find this...



And then this.



I immediately assumed Taffy had done it because she will chew up pens and pencils if she finds them. It's a whole different ball game with a little dog!



This is where I had a panic attack and thought I should have just left the spots.
This is right at the door to our office.
a
But, I kept at it.






And I got it all up!
a
I also learned that it was not Taffy...
a
IT WAS BOOPER!!!
a
He had ink around his mouth and all over one of his legs!

And when the carpet dried...
There was this.
a
#$&*#!!!
a
I will attempt to clean it again today...
Go get some Spot Shot if I have to.

I did not post yesterday because I was running around town with appointments and shopping. I met with the RN Diabetes Counselor and then with a Dietitian. I have a better understanding of Pre-Diabetes now and am even more determined to make sure I do everything I can to keep from becoming Diabetic. I have a 50% chance... even if I do everything exactly right. I'd rather have better odds than that, but I'll take 'em.
a
I had been very frustrated with the whole blood sugar thing. I would test after I worked out at night and be in the 90's (which is great). I would not eat or drink anything and then in the morning I would be in the 116 t0 126 range. How could that be? I had been staying away from sugar for a couple months and was avoiding carbs. Well, it turns out that your liver will make glucose and that is what mine has been doing. I thought it would just simply be a matter of diet. It is not.
a
They don't know everything about diabetes. It is obvious that being overweight puts you at a higher risk of developing Type II Diabetes. Interestingly, they have found that many of those people that are diabetic that have gastric bypass are instantly no longer diabetic... before they've even lost a pound. They don't know why. Those that lose and then gain back often go back to being diabetic.
a
I know someone that only had 15 pounds left from her last child that she could never get off that was diagnosed last year with pre-diabetes. She told me that she sees her diagnoses as a blessing now. She lost that 15 lbs and feels so much better than she did. She even sleeps better. I also know another gal that was diagnosed the month before me that is only a bit chubby. I always assumed that you had to be really super fat to get Type II Diabetes. Losing weight will increase my chances so I'll be hitting the gym more often.
a
I hope y'all have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Junebug said...

For that stain you might try this:

http://www.shoutitout.com/clean-stains-home.aspx?box=2&tab=stainliftingfoam

It really honestly works on grease stains so it might work on ink too. I let it sit for a few hours first.

Sandi McBride said...

Poor Booper...he looks an angel...but they are often scamps. Have to love them anyway! I've been diabetic for years, take Byetta and haven't had sugar in my house except for the hummers in spring and summer...and you have to be careful about vitamins with sugar, too...I read labels like mad and keep my weight under control but the jabs twice a day are my cross to bear! Good luck with your quest against it!
Sandi

Chris H said...

We are so lucky Teddy does not like pens!
He LOVES socks and knickers!
I hope you can get that stain off.