Saturday, November 28, 2009

Seasons

It's time to put away all the fall decorations and pull out the Christmas ones... The Christmas music is playing and... I'm having trouble getting into it which is unusual for me.

I miss my girls. I miss my girls a lot. This was the first Thanksgiving that we didn't have them with us since they were born. Chai Tea is with my mother-in-law in Ohio and Frappy went to Pennsylvania to spend Thanksgiving with Cuppa Joe's family. In fact, his sister is getting married today...

I guess we are in that inbetween stage. We still have Double Shot at home but our lives are slowly changing seasons. We are starting to show our age too. That is a bit disconcerting.

Sigh...

4 comments:

noexcuses said...

Hey Coffee,

I'm right there with you. It's like a deep hole inside that can't be filled...even with food. But two at one time...that's just not right! Did you at least get to talk on the phone with them?

Hope your day was otherwise a happy one!

jojo said...

we are in that inbetween stage too and I just hate it. I don't know what to do or how to adjust to all of this...and my age is showing too...sucks..;o

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i so understand but am greatful that corys close enough to come eat... and of course there is Bradley most days of the week and that so makes a difference...I dont mind SHOWING my age but i sure do HATE FEELING it....

Junebug said...

My kids were all with us this year. Last year our oldest had to work and she said she did shed some tears over that. But the two girls live about an hour away from me and my son lives one hour another direction but he comes home still quite often. I know it is different. They don't need me like they did but they need me in different ways. I really kind of like this stage I think. I can go over and help my youngest daughter with her new baby a couple days a week and make both daughters some supper. My son comes home most weekends and eats with us. Then I have some time alone. I'm getting used to it. I think.