Sunday, November 22, 2009

Green Mountain Falls/Catamount Reservoir

Saturday, November 21, 2009
a
There are really no words for the beauty... majesty... that we saw!
a
This hike was 6 miles round trip with some steep climbing!



























This is one part of the trail and my foot was completely buried with each step.












What an incredible pay off for a difficult hike!








Going down proved to be the most difficult part for me. It was steep and icy. OY.


We, of course, ended our hike with awesome food!
a
We ate at a darling little place called, "The Pantry."
a
That raisin bread was out of this world!!!
a
Mr. Macchiato went for breakfast. Our friends had chicken friend steak and roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy on fat homemade bread (they are in their pictures so I didn't show them).

I went for a crab and avacado salad. YUM!!!

6 comments:

claudia said...

Looks beautiful and delicious!
I wish I could take some hikes, but my feet and hips won't allow me just yet. Maybe in another few months.
Thanks for sharing the gorgeousness!

Junebug said...

Just think how healthy you are going to be from all that hiking! I'm proud that you are doing it. My husband and I stayed with our kids a few years ago near Cripple Creek about 9000 feet. We walked down the side of the mountain which was fine but then we had to walk back up! Oh my, my head started pounding and my breathing got shallow. I just was not used to the thin air. Also, the drier climate made my nose bleed a lot. Every time I blowed my nose when we were at Ouray it bled.

Gladys said...

Gorgous! What a beautiful day!

Chris H said...

COLD... PRETTY... COLD COLD COLD... PRETTY.... COLD!
Nice looking food, makes me HUNGRY.

Roland Hulme said...

WOW! How beautiful was all that? What a lovely post. I'm jealous - I don't think pictures of New Jersey can compete!

Scott said...

Whose the old guy being held up by the poles? Nice pictures!!