Monday, November 9, 2009

An Autumn Saturday

Every year there is the Saturday dedicated to raking up all the leaves.
a
Some people do it several times...
a
We wait until all the leaves have fallen.

We don't even have a tree in our small backyard...
It is surrounded by our neighbors' trees.
a
I often wonder if all their leaves fall in our yard...
It sure seems that way!


Did y'all know Mr. Macchiato is afraid of heights?
a
He's been working on it!



He got all the leaves out of the gutters and then flushed the down spouts.



We bagged 17- 55 gallon bags.
a
Yikes!
a


I should see if I can take them somewhere so they can become mulch...




I love the way the light dances on the walls in the afternoons this time of year!

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Truthfully, I'd be a bit pissed if all those leaves were from the neighbours trees! It's a bit like cleaning up their mess. No thanks. I'm not nice... I KNOW.

jojo said...

ohhh we have sooo many leaves, it will take several Saturdays to get them up! I think that they are all mine though I would probably be rather upset if they weren't!!

claudia said...

Now I am glad we don't live where the trees shed their leaves! There are a few, but so few that the wind takes care of all of them. I bet you are glad to get all that done!
Love the pictures.