Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Urgent Prayer Request!!!

Mr. Macchiato's Grandma (98 and in Ohio) has not been awake since Friday and this morning there was no output in her cath bag. Hospice told my Mother-in-law that it wouldn't be long before Grandma passes. When Mr. Macchiato was a little boy he used to tell his Grandma that he loved her so much that he was going to have the biggest and bestest funeral for her that ever was. It really tickled her and some years back she gave Mr. Macchiato the bible that his Grandpa had given her and told him that she was holding him to that promise from when he was a little boy. We were prepared for him to make arrangements to leave anytime.

My Grandma (95 and in Seattle) has been in the hospital and I just got a call from my Mom. She's not going to make it and my aunts and uncles are all flying in to Seattle tonight.

We are scrambling. I've been sick with the flu but am now pretty much over it. However, I was at the doctor ... again... this morning and we still have not got things all figured out with my belly. We are trying to find someone who can take care of Double Shot and get him to all the places he needs to be and also take care of Benny. Needless to say, our stress level is high.

Thank you so very much!

Update: Looks like I'm pulling an all nighter. I'm headed to Denver bright and early to catch a flight to Seattle. We've got a plan and Mr. Macchiato will head out to Ohio when he needs to. My Grandma has dementia but still has moments when she is lucid. My Mom said that she woke up for a bit and she told her that I was coming and she understood and was happy. Of course, that doesn't mean she'll know who I am when I get there. Please pray that she doesn't pass before I get there.

16 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

You have so much going on that I'm afraid you're going to stress out completely. Just put all this in God's hands...he'll help take care of everything...in the mean time, prayers for you and the Grannies...and Benny and Double Shot...and of course, the Mister...but I'm not leaving you out of the chain!
hugs and prayers
Sandi

Matt said...

Wow, I'm sorry. What a busy time for your household. Good luck with everything.

Melody said...

The last note was from me. :-)

Just Me said...

Lots and lots of prayers coming your and the grandmas' way.

I'm so sorry.

noexcuses said...

You have my prayers. What a stressful time is it for you. Trust your faith in God. He will bring you through it.

Kelly in Texas said...

Praying for your whole family tonight!

Kelly
http://ourordinaryday.wordpress.com

Chris H said...

If it's meant to be, you will be there to say goodbye. I believe in fate. I hope you have a safe trip, and Mr M does too when he needs to travel.

Elysa said...

Oh, Kelly! I am so very sorry. I know how much your grandmother means to you and how important their home was to you during your moving-around, growing up years. And for Sean's grandmother to be going thru this at the same time.

I'm praying for you guys and wish I could be there to take care of Double Shot. Heck, ANNA could drive him around to all his commitments! LOL!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elysa said...

P.S. I'll spread the word among your CC and Mississippi friends so they can join in praying for y'all!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Our internet has been down so I just read your post. Your family is certainly in my prayers.

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

I am so very sorry! Please know I am praying for you all during this time!

Trisha said...

You and your family are in my prayers. God Bless!

Angela said...

(((((hugs)))) Now I know why you have been so heavy on my heart for awhile.....Praying sis...Love you

SheroSkyKnight said...

I'm sorry to hear she's passed. At least you were able to be there.

American History said...

Our prayers go out to you. We discovered a website that might help. Please check out http://holylandprayer.com. Hope it helps. God bless.

Karen Deborah said...

sorry have been prayin