Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Very Heavy Heart...

The last two years we homeschooled our girls we were part of a small, four family co-op. We Moms got together during the summer and planned out the school year and each of us took different subjects. We Moms also met once a month to go over how things were going and to pray for our co-op, the girls, our families and to discuss plans for the upcoming months. Each Wednesday we took turns hosting the co-op in our homes. The host family would provide lunch for the girls and we had a schedule where we Mom's taught our subjects. That was the day the week's assignments were due. We pooled our money and got a "real" chemistry teacher that came during her allotted time on Wednesdays and then all the girls went to her house on Mondays to do labs. Our girls went to a Spanish class those two years on Thursday nights as did one of the other families...

That family lost their Dad yesterday. They were helping some friends on their property out in the country and hit a live wire while digging... This family has already been through so much. This couple's 25th wedding anniversary was spent in a hospital ... the Mom was fighting for her life... cancer with a 5% chance of survival. The fact that she is alive and cancer free is a miracle.

There is a 16 year old boy and an almost 20 year old girl. I took flowers to their home.. the Spanish teacher we all shared is a close family friend of theirs and staying there to help. The Mom was at the funeral home... I was able to talk with the girl for a few minutes before she had to leave and she is very robotic. The boy is not doing well at all.

My God... This couple has been together since she was 16... he was a cadet at the Air Force Academy then... and they got married when she was 18. I think they've been married 33 years... they went through years and years of infertility...

Please pray for this family. I cannot even imagine...

8 comments:

Chris H said...

Just a freak accident... and so very sad for the family.

jojo said...

Oh, this is so very, very sad. I will keep the family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. I know how close knit home school families are..this will be a very difficult time for all of you. Take care CB...

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugs and prayers

Angela said...

My prayers are with the family. thank you for bringing this to our attention Coffee so we can surround them and envelope them with God's Word....sigh.

Flea said...

Oh sweetie. I know we say it when prayers are answered, but it's true now as well: God is good. I'm so sorry. I'll be praying.

Trisha said...

Oh my! At least they had a long life together full of love. They have my prayers.

Elysa said...

So very, very sorry. Praying.

Oklahoma Granny said...

My deepest sympathy to the family. They are definitely in my prayers.