Monday, September 28, 2009

Too MAD to Blog

I feel like my head is going to pop right off my neck. Seriously.

Double Shot got his braces off in February. In the first five months he had them off we had to replace retainers 4 times at $150 a piece. We found one of the ones replaced so he had two bottom retainers and a top retainer for the last several months. The rule is that if they are not in his mouth... they go in the case. I went into his room this morning because I saw his retainer case on his bedstand... broken... with one bottom retainer, one half of another bottom retainer and NO top retainer. I quickly looked around in all the usual places for the top retainer. NOWHERE.

Have you ever felt like beating the living snot out of someone??? It. is. a. good. thing. he. is. not. home.

Pray for me. PLEASE.

7 comments:

Gladys said...

Breath deep. Hold it...now exhale. He is a teenager. Make him pay for replacements. When my kids became irresponsible with items I made them pay me for them. Either with cash or hard work. There were several years I had the cleanest toilets and the shiniest car in the neighborhood.

Just Me said...

I agree with Gladys that you should make him pay for his retainers. Hard labor is an excellent idea, since teenagers rarely have more than ten bucks in their possession at any given time.

It also spares the dilemma of his not having money for a new retainer and running the risk of undoing all the work that went into his million-dollar mouth.

How long does he have to wear a retainer anyway? I vaguely remember my sister having one for a while, and when she broke the second or third one my mom didn't buy another. Her teeth were fine.

MaBunny said...

Ugh, not going through the braces thing with Nicole yet, but that sounds about par for the course of a teen! Hang in there

Chris H said...

Sounds like a normal teenager to me. Make him pay for them. Or throttle him... whatever makes you feel better!
(I AM JOKING about throttling him of course!)

noexcuses said...

I'm with all of your buds...make him pay for them. My Ed is on her third pair right now. The first one "just broke." The second one broke when she was "sleepwalking" and was trying to put the top one on her bottom one... yeah, it's a teen thing! Does yours also leave wet towels on his bedroom floor?

This too shall pass....

MUD said...

I was in the store one day and a lady was just beating the hell out of a little boy and yelling, "Don't Hit, how many times do I have to tell you, Dont Hit!" Do the best job of parenting you can and that is often enough. When he goes out on his own, he will learn all the lessons he needs and perhaps some day realize that his mother should have hit him and didn't. MUD

Karen Deborah said...

Just go ahead and beat him, he can take it.