Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This is So My Life...

I am going to have to take Benny to the vet... again. He will not leave his butthole alone. Nice. He had infected anal glands before... Yesterday I caught him dragging his butt on the deck... the rotting deck with the rusty nails poking up through the wood. Wrestling my dog down so I can get a good look at his butthole is not my idea of a good time. Something just ain't right down there.

Breakfast anyone?

Update: A vet tech looked at him. It is not his anal glands... it is his prostate. We have to wait until Thursday for him to see the vet so we can have tests run to determine whether it is an infection or cancer. I'm trying very hard not to freak out about this.

13 comments:

Paula said...

lol, poor thing. My Beagle was dragging her butt on my master bedroom carpet and I had to nudge her to stop. Maybe it's time to deworm??? Gross...

Melody said...

Poor Benny! I hope he gets better soon.

Gladys said...

Have you ever seen the Carpet Cleaning commercial where the little kid says "Mommie look at Cody's new trick" and the dog is scootin his butt across the floor? Yeah EWWWWW that is why I don't have carpet.

Kathy said...

aahhh, the pleasures of expressing anal sacs. will your clinic just take him in back and let the technicians empty his glands without needing an exam?

Kathy said...

Oh yeah, I had to laugh at your title.... It is so my life also!

Sandi McBride said...

Poor Benny! I know the Vet can get it right with Benny's world then it will be right with yours!
Sandi

Linda said...

You are cracking me up so hard!! I love it! Poor Benny! His bootie hurts!

Karen Deborah said...

oh crap, if it aint one thing it's another. he is too young to be sick. So there he is fine, drink a beer. Do you drink beer?

paul mitchell said...

No breakfast for me, thanks.

MaBunny said...

awww, poor Booper. Hoping for an infection if I had to choose - hoping its nothing more serious than that. I did not know male dogs could get prostate cancer. I never thought about it. huh.. /hugs to Booper

Chris H said...

Fingers crossed it isn't anything too serious and can be fixed. Poor dog.

Angela said...

Praying...((hugs))) Philippians 4:6-7

Oklahoma Granny said...

Poor Benny! Oh, I so hope it's only an infection. Please keep us updated.