Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fake it 'til you Make it...

That was a saying in my Mary Kay group back when I sold Mary Kay. Someday I'll blog about that whole debacle. And it was a D.E.B.A.C.L.E.

Anyway, the idea was to fake success until you actually reached success. I did not like it in the Mary Kay context because part of the job was to get other people to become Mary Kay consultants and order large inventories which is where your real "success" would come from. However, the phrase has stuck with me all these years and I often apply it to my life in other ways and I am in need of it once again.

The many ways in which I need to Fake it 'til I Make it:

I love to clean and organize my house.

I love to eat healthy and exercise.

I love to be self disciplined with my time.

Good Lord Almighty, Please, PLEASE! HELP ME! What I would really like to do right now is go sit in a Starbucks somewhere and drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes and eat pumpkin bread while I read books. Then I'd like to come home and crawl back into my bed for a long nap. Then I'd like to get up and go out to lunch with someone. Then I'd like to come home and crawl back in bed with a pile of books. Then I'd like my husband to bring home dinner. Really.

I have been to the gym this morning. I have not eaten anything yet. I have pulled out my scheduling kit and written things on little squares of paper until I started hyperventilating because I know I want to do more than I can fit in a day.

I am now going to go fake it. Pray I make it. Please!

9 comments:

Trisha said...

Praying for you! Sometimes faking it until you make it really works. Just keep telling yourself that!

Melody said...

Good luck!

paul mitchell said...

You chicks are hilarious.

We always want to say, "Yes, you are fat, unattractive, and stupid. That is EXACTLY why we are with you."

Goodness, get over it already, it that were the case, we would be with someone else. Because we are none of the above.

Karen Deborah said...

well since you are trying to do all of this without breakfast it's no wonder you are feeling so bad.
Kelly get that book. NT you know the one that is my other bible? the one that is common sense nutrition. The one that will make you feel like getting out of bed and working and getting FULL on good food to do it. Yeah, and I am loosing weight every day. It's easy. I can't believe this. It's the best.
Tell you what, you come visit me and you can have my bed and I'll bake you some bread and show you all this good stuff.

Gladys said...

Hey CB you just described my life. NOT! I will go have lunch with you. I'll share and discuss the books I'm reading and listen to you kvetch about teenaged angst if you'll let me talk about the heat and the inability of people to wash a ding danged dish.

Kelly in Texas said...

You have described me to a T!! I don't know whether to laugh about it or cry about it! Fake it til you make it . . . hmmmmmm.

Chris H said...

Ha ha, I like your idea of a lovely day! I did crawl back into my bed after I got the kids to school today~! Cos I could. And I had nothing to do... except housework!

Jeanie said...

I like your description of a perfect day...wish I could recall having that day in the recent past, or ever, but it sure is nice to think about. I hope you fit at least a little of what you really wanted to do into your busy day.

His Living Sacrifice said...

One lady at my church is involved in Mary Kay and I've already been invited to 2 parties, which I graciously declined. She even approached me about giving a party, ugh. Sorry...I don't like Mary Kay or similar marketing programs. I do like pink though, lol.