Thursday, July 23, 2009

So Excited!!!

We are going camping!!! No sleeping on rocks for us! No worries about weather for us! No using outhouses for us! No smelly pits for us! Can't wait!

We are going where there are no hook ups. Dry camping is not a big deal when it is only for the weekend. We'll fill our tank with water and that'll get us through until Sunday. We've been having a lot of thunderstorms lately. It is kind of fun to watch all the tent campers out our windows scrambling to get into their cars while we sip hot chocolate and play games.

Sigh... the trailer is in the driveway and I will be packing it today. I'll go to the store in the morning and unload the groceries into the trailer. Got it all plugged in so the fridge/freezer can get good and cold before I do that. We had the blinds closed when we brought the trailer home last night so Benny didn't see it. When he saw the trailer this morning he got so excited! He started doing little flippy do's in the air and going round in circles while smiling big at me.

I'll be sure to eat a smore in all y'all's honor.

12 comments:

Karen Deborah said...

eat two.

Melody said...

Your idea of "dry camping is no big deal" and my idea of "dry camping is no big deal" is actually quite different! Yours looks more restful! lol! Have a great time!

paul mitchell said...

Using your definition, I too am going camping. I'll be staying in the Imperial Palace in Biloxi this weekend.

Flea said...

So cool! Have a great time!!!

Angela said...

Coffee,,your trailer is very similar to the first one we purchased,,than traded that one in for a 35 foot one,,than sold it!! I sure do miss camping though..we are thinking of a tent trailer this time,,like the 'old days' when we first started and I refused to ever sleep in a tent on the ground again,,LOL..Have an awesome time..girlfriend,,you got my colours!!!

FreckledFireLily said...

Back when we used to camp it was in a tent, so I would be one of those poor people who ran to the car! Of course I had an air mattress, a fan, my coffee pot and an electric skillet... I tried to get as many comforts of home as a could. Now I tell Craig that my idea of "vacation" includes air conditioning, hot showers, and room service!

claudia said...

I wanna go...(she says with a little whine in her voice)


Have a great time!

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise said...

I just had to look up on the internet what a "smore" was! Sounds yummy. Will introduce them to my family and friends here in Tasmania when we go camping next summer. Have a lovely time.

Chris H said...

Whatever a 'smore' is... I want one.
Oh and I would love a camper too... but Stew is not keen. Sad.
Have a wonderful weekend mate, you deserve it.

Trisha said...

Have fun and watch those marshmallows so they don't burn into charcoal!

jojo said...

YaY Benny! Have a great time...smore's and all..;p