Monday, July 13, 2009

Ahhhhhh... Monday Once Again.

I've got a busy day! You know... my life really has not been conducive to blogging lately. And it is summer! What is up with that? Well, and there's the ongoing computer difficulties. I've started to suspect that Mr. Macchiato has set up some dastardly system in an effort to keep me off the computer! He has problems with it too, but not to the extent that I do.

I've worked out the last three days. It's been interesting. I would like to start a new segment on this blog called, Weirdos at the Gym.

#1. There was a woman talking on her cell phone in the locker room. She was obviously making it sound like she was at her office and was on some sort of conference call. She was on the toilet.

#2. There is a movie room with a huge screen and a bunch of machines. It is nice because it is dark and the temperature is cooler than the rest of the gym. I won't mention the fact that they played the same Harry Potter movie over and over the last three days. Anyway, there was this woman that got on an elliptical machine and only made it 15 minutes. At first she was all gun ho and chugging along at a good pace... then she started going slower and slower. She got off that machine and went up front to one of the bicycles. She obviously couldn't figure anything out on it because it was too dark. Once she did get going on it she kept it on manual and on the easiest level. When she went to drink from her water bottle the cap went flying. She tried really hard to find the cap and even crawled around on the floor feeling under machines. She then left with her cap less water bottle and keys.

Okay, okay... so weirdo #2 was me. Today I will be attempting a water aerobics class. I have not put a bathing suit on in two years and am praying that the class is full of old people.

P.S. Have any of y'all experienced the blogger spell check highlighting words that are spelled correctly? What is up with that?

6 comments:

Just Me said...

On Spell Check:

I have my spelling checker
It came with my PC
It quickly fines for my review
Mistakes I cannot sea
I ran this poem threw it
And you be pleas to no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh
My checker tolled me sew!!

(It's not my rhyme. I don't know who wrote it.)

Sandra In ABQ* said...

I went to a water aerobics class twice. It was full of old people who were there just to chit chat instead of work out. I went with a friend and we were working it, but the old people in the way made us stop going back. Bummer. Hope you enjoy it though. p.s. #2 would have been me too! :-)

Sandi McBride said...

I joined a gym once. That was in 1992...turned in my gym togs one week later...you don't have t drop a house on me...though it felt as though someone had...
Sandi

Karen Deborah said...

yeah I know you ain't been by to see me in ages, missing all the drama and whoop dee doooo.
I CAIN'T work out so BWAHAHAA

April said...

Not only have I noticed the spell check problem, but I was offended by it and totally took it personally. I actually yelled "Oh no those words are NOT misspelled!" at my computer.

I laughed out loud at "Okay so weirdo #2 was me." Ask me about the time I fell while attempting to run on the treadmill. In front of everyone. And then tried to get up and limp away like nothing happened. While the treadmill was still going. And my friend was sitting on the floor laughing at me and almost peeing her pants. Yeah. Good times.

I flipping hate the gym.

Flea said...

Bwahaha! I hate the bikes. Love the elliptical.

Did you go into the stall next to the woman in her "office" and repeatedly flush the toilet?