Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What. the. HECK?!?!

Benny is my dog. He is. He loves me the best. He follows me around and he chooses to sleep by me when we go camping. In fact, Lu Lu always followed me around too... Do you think they do/did that because they see/saw me as the "alpha"? Oh my gosh. That makes me the head b*tch!!!

Benny has been understandably upset. He was totally losing it when we put him in his crate and left the house. The other day I drove my car around the corner and walked back to the house to see if I could hear him. Ummmm, yeah, from like the next street over. I've been taking him with me when I can. He turned into a crazed loon when I went into Blockbuster the other night. Mr. Macchiato is not wanting me to leave him in the car alone because his family had a Saint Bernard that his Dad left in his company car while he popped into the bar for a quick drink. I can't remember if it was Brutus or Bambi. They had two. That dog destroyed the inside of the car. Yesterday, we left him for less than an hour with Double Shot's stereo on a bit loud. When we got home we were real quiet to see what he was doing and he was asleep. He'd only drooled a little bit in his crate so we knew he didn't bark all that long.

Benny has always gotten excited when anyone comes into the house. He's always been such a happy dog with a big smile and dancing eyes. He loves Double Shot. I've noticed the last couple days that he's his normal self when Double Shot is here. When he's not he mopes around, sleeps a lot, and it is hard for me to get him to smile. He's super cuddly and ready and willing to be loved on. I tried to play with him this morning and he just pressed his head into my leg and wanted to be pet. When I give him hugs he stays there until I pull away.

Earlier today I took him with me to pick up Double Shot from Summer School. He just laid on the seat and didn't even look out the window. He sat up when we pulled into the parking lot and when he saw Double Shot his eyes lit up, he was smiling big and wagging his tail like crazy. I sat there with my mouth hanging open.

If I was a good mom I probably wouldn't be bothered by this. Maybe Benny just loves him so much because he rolls around on the floor with him and is a smorgasbord of teen boy smells. That's gotta be it. Right?

Ugh.

I spent HOURS on a post for the Uneducated blog this morning that was lost when I went to publish it. In fact, Mr. Macchiato said for the umpteenth time that I should compose my posts in Word for that reason. So, I am composing this post straight up into blogger. As usual. Maybe I should put a sticky on the monitor for awhile until I get in the habit...

Double Shot is really making me mad. Not only do I have the, "credit report dot com baby," song stuck in my head because he is ALWAYS singing it, I'm having to ride him about doing his Summer School homework. You have got to be kidding me!!!!! I tell ya... I'm wishing he wasn't so big and strong. I'd like to find a woodshed somewhere and have at it. If I wasn't afraid of a scary woman trying to make me her girlfriend in jail, I'd take him out to the busiest intersection and town and kick his butt there in front of everyone. I wonder if my doctor would prescribe Valium...

We are going to meet Frappy half way to give her her birth certificate and go out to dinner. Hopefully, Cuppa Joe will be able to join us. He's working construction this summer. Thus the riding Double Shot about getting the homework done. Which he just did. Finally.

A bit earlier I was telling Double Shot about some middle east stuff. Yesterday, when we were driving to the orthodontist he asked me what I was thinking about. I was thinking about saying nothing, which is what I usually say because no one really likes to hear what I'm really thinking about. Instead I told him that I was thinking about how small and insignificant we humans must seem from the outer reaches of space and that we would be smaller than atoms from out there. He proceeded to tell me I was a freak. He then told me about some of the stuff he thinks about. It was a moment and it made my heart swell. It seems at least one of my kids has inherited some of my weirdness in the thought department. I don't know why that made me happy, but it did.

Anyway, he was shaking his head at me so I started crabbing about the homework again. We went downstairs together and I started dancing around in an effort to inspire him to do his homework. Benny was giving me the eye and it made Double Shot laugh so he decided to dance with me to see what he would do. He just smiled with love and adoration... at Double Shot!!! I then made up a song about if his friends could see him now and we started laughing even more. It was so much fun.

9 comments:

Chris H said...

Darn dogs! Teddy is MY DOG... like your Benny... BUT of course when Stew comes home from work I don't exist! Pffffffft.

Melody said...

What a great moment that double shot and you will remember! It is the fun moments that get me through this time called teenager-hood!

MaBunny said...

Yeah KJ, sometimes ya just gotta do that kind of stuff while disregarding anything else that is important except THAT moment. Glad you had a bit of fun in the midst of everything that has happened lately.

Karen Deborah said...

yeah! For dogs loyalty is still loyalty if it's in the same pack. Jimmy stole Rasmus and I couldn't believe it.
Times like these will heal your hearts. Rawk on ma! You are weird cool, to be called a freak by your kid, they respect you when they say that. I know, sick, but sick is now cool.

jojo said...

what a sweet moment that you two shared..;p

Just Me said...

You're Benny's alpha and Double-shot is more like a peer. It's okay. Who has an easier time with Benny on a leash?

Just Me said...

Dang, I hate when I click too soon.

What I was trying to say was that Benny knows he can roughouse around with Double Shot. He knows you're the one to come to for a hug.

noexcuses said...

Tootsie has only been with us for a few years. She's all mine until the hubs comes home and lets her run wild outside in the woods!

I've always been the head b*tch, and I'm dang proud of it!

Gladys said...

Now see our dogs know who the weakest link is and it's me. They will smooze me until I give in.

they know who butter's thier dog biscuits.