Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update on Lu Lu

One of many goofy faces Lu Lu makes...








This was taken after she had surgery to remove a tumor on her eyelid...
a
I have always loved when she lays on her back like this...
she has the cutest belly.




This picture was taken some time ago...
a
Lu Lu was born in that basket.

a
It seems that even I waited too long.
a
Lu Lu would not eat any dog food all of Sunday and Monday. She would still eat treats so yesterday I didn't give her any and she ate a few bites of dog food in the morning... probably less than 10 pieces. She also took a couple bites of refried beans from me in the afternoon. We don't normally give our dogs people food but they always want it and I figured it was better than no food. Double Shot gave her a few penne pasta from his dinner last night. About two hours later she threw up. I always go through stuff like that (gruesome, I know. I'm just always curious). She had not digested anything she had eaten all day, nor had she chewed most of it and there was a lot of grass.
a
During the night she yiped to be let out several times (instead of yelp because when she does it it sounds like she's saying "Yipe"). It rained all night and she normally does not like to be out in it. I had a hard time getting her to come back inside each time. When I got up with Mr. Macchaito she heard us and started yiping again. She had peed and had diarrhea... which she tried not to get in her crate by spraying it out the sides, getting it on the carpet and wall. I let the dogs out and cleaned everything up. It was still raining lightly so they got pretty wet. I moved Lu Lu's crate next to the back door and then gave her a sponge bath. While I was cleaning the underside of her tail I saw some watery red stuff around her urethra which leads me to believe she's got some bleeding in her kidneys.
a
I told Mr. Macchiato that it would be cruel for us to wait until Friday to put her down. He told me to call Frappy. She is very upset. Mr. Macchiato and Frappy have always called Lu Lu their dog... and really, she has been. Summer classes are extremely intense and you cannot miss them. Fortunately, she has a test today which means she will be getting out early and her labs are on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She is going to come home so that she can say goodbye to Lu Lu, be there when we put her down and then go back up to school. Hopefully, we can get in at our vet. If not, we are going to have to take her to the animal hospital. As of last night, Double Shot said that he does not want to be there this time. He had a very hard time when we put Eve down and his reaction had even the vet techs crying.
a
Please pray for our family if you do that sort of thing. I am worried about all the hours of driving Frappy has ahead of her today. Losing two pets in 5 days is really hard.

9 comments:

Flea said...

Oh honey! I'm praying that Jesus wrap you all in His arms today, crying with you. You know He loves Lulu too.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugs and prayers.... :( tears....

MaBunny said...

Oh KJ, I'm so sorry to hear about poor Lulu. Hugs and prayers to you and your family. Prayers for safe travel for Frappy too.

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

I continue to lift you all up and am also praying for Frappy to have a save trip. Praying for you all! So sorry!

Sandi McBride said...

God bless you Sweetie...you're doing the best thing for Lulu...I know how it is going to hurt, but warm memories are better than misery extended...of course I'm going to pray for you and your family...
hugs to Lulu and all
Sandi

noexcuses said...

Prayers for you and your family as you go through this week. I'm sure that Lulu knows how much she is loved.

A mom to the end...always so concerned that everyone else is cared for...don't forget about you!

When this is all over, I hope all of you can celebrate the lives of these family members and know that they are in a safe, warm and happy place.

God Bless you CB!

Karen Deborah said...

Frappy is going to try and drive when she will be crying? Oh dear, big prayers....

claudia said...

Oh dear. You have so much on your plates right now. I am praying you all find the strength to get through this as easily as possible. I am tearing up at the thought of you all having to put LuLu to sleep, but it is for the best. You are doing what every loving pet owner does and that is making her feel less stress.
I'm thinking good thoughts for you all. Please let us know how every one is doing.

Chris H said...

Hugs from me to you and LU LU...