Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thank You

I really appreciate all y'all's prayers and kind words. Thank you so very much.

Just Mr. Macchiato, Frappy and I went. Double Shot stayed home with Benny. We decided to have her put to sleep in the basket she was born in. We saved Eve's ashes and will be scattering them together with Lu Lu's at a place we took them camping many times. They were great buddies. Frappy wants to be there so we will have to wait until she can go.

Benny doesn't know what is going on. He was very spastic last night and wouldn't settle down. He was also over salivating (he does that when he's excited but never to the point he was last night). He spilled Mr. Macchiato's drink, we couldn't get him to stay in one place for more than 2 minutes, and when we tried to put him in his crate he just barked and barked. We were going to let him sleep with Double Shot but he just would not settle down. Around midnight Mr. Macchiato lost it. I ended up putting him in his crate and sleeping on the floor by him.

This morning Benny was very subdued when I let him out of his crate. He went to Lu Lu's crate and sniffed around and then seemed to be looking for her. I watched him when I let him out into the back yard and he ran around sniffing and then would go to different parts of the yard and look around him while pointing his nose in the air and sniffing. He then went and sat by the back door and was looking at me like he doesn't understand. When I let him in he just lifted his paws to me so I could clean them. I pet him for a bit and he kept pressing his head into me while being very still. He was happy to see Mr. Macchiato come down the stairs but I think he got his feelings hurt because Mr. Macchiato couldn't let him rub up against his legs and get his hair all over his dress pants. It is very unusual for him to be so calm in the morning.

It is a beautiful morning after all the days of rain. Hopefully, it will be the same in our hearts soon.

11 comments:

Trisha said...

Benny no doubt misses Lu Lu as your family does. Time will help bring the memories to the front and ease the pain.

God bless you and your family!

Flea said...

I'm glad you have Benny, even though he's missing Lulu. I'm sure you all are.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

poor benny he has no way to understand that lulu was so sick ... hugs and special hugs and ear scratches for benny

MaBunny said...

Awww, poor Benny, he is grieving too, but unaware as to why at the moment.
Hugs to all , and ear scratches to Benny

Angela said...

((((hugs))) You were on my mind last night and early this morning....Your whole family was sister....SIGH....

Just Me said...

Benny probably did understand that LuLu was sick. While he certainly can't diagnose her problems, she probably smelled sick. He certainly doesn't understand her sudden absence and misses her.

And I'm sure he senses his pack's sadness. Don't be surprised to find Benny acting depressed for a while. My friend's dog was suffering so badly over the other dog's death, she adopted another companion for him.

I realize that CB doesn't want to go that route, so he's going to need some extra companionship from the rest of his pack.

And hugging a dog is the best remedy when you miss your dog.

claudia said...

Benny completely understands. He is frantic, because everyone's emotions are changed. It is so normal for the animals to know what's up...just not like we know what's up.
Hang in there. I know this is so hard. I get all teary eyed just thinking about you losing your furry and feathered family members!

Elysa said...

I'm so sorry, Kelly.

Praying, sweet friend.

I love you,
Elysa

Karen Deborah said...

Benny will grieve too, I wish he could have seen her. I noticed that when we brought Rasmus home and let Axel smell him, that Axel knew he was dead. He grieved but didn't look for him. He watched us bury him and he never tried to dig him up. It would be an interesting study in animal behavior to see, I really think animals know a LOT. Kids and young children also accept death easier when they see it. Not the painted up funeral thing, but they get it when they see something has died. When Jennifer was a little girl after my grandpa died she kept asking me where he was and when he would come back. Soon after that a little bird crashed into our window and died. she heard the crash and we went outside and found the little dead bird. I actually got a moment of inspiration and explained to her that the bird was dead. I then explained that was what death was, and what had happened to grandpa, and she understood it then. Benny will have the same adjustments you do, hug him a lot, you'll both feel better.

Chris H said...

Poor Benny, he knows something isn't right. I would not have slept on the floor with the dog.. you are rather special!

hanagrace said...

I'm so sorry! And also sorry I haven't been keeping up... HUGS!!!