Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting...

Do you ever feel like you are spending your life waiting? I'm so tired of waiting...

... waiting for Double Shot to come to the car, do his homework, clean his room, and change his attitude

... waiting for things to change with my voice

... waiting for the inspiration to change my eating habits and exercise

... waiting for Paco to shut the heck up

... waiting for the inspiration to get organized

... waiting for Mr. Macchiato to get inspired to finish our home improvement projects we started two years ago

... waiting for me to be inspired to finish the projects I can do

... waiting for the kids to pull their heads out of their butts or for their heads to pop back up out their necks

... waiting to quit hating waiting

I don't think the inspiration to go take a shower is going to happen so I guess I'll just go take an uninspired shower and get to some uninspired cleaning of the kitchen along with some uninspired doing of the laundry. Maybe moving forward uninspired will inspire me. I'm still waiting.

11 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

AMEN SISTER! i feel the same withburst of tears mixed in!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

ps our home projects have been going on 20 years!

Day Dreamer* said...

Hey do I have my head up my butt?????

Chris H said...

Have you ever tried screaming? Sometimes it helps! lol
Seriously... it's our lot having to wait.... I have to do it all the time too... like EVERY morning... waiting for Griffin to put on his shoes (it takes 10 minutes)... it drives me nuts! It's a great way to start the day I tell ya!
Pfffffft!
I am not going to even try to make a list of all the things I am 'waiting' for... we would still be here in this comment box tomorrow!

Flea said...

Hey! Me too! And Chris H's idea would be great if you could scream. Try beating Mr. Macchiato with your pillow before he gets out of bed. That will probably work too. :)

Melody said...

I have felt the same way lately.

noexcuses said...

Waiting sometimes seems to be a mom's middle name! I'm with Chris. Just start screaming or throwing things and you may get quicker results.

I thought my kids were the only ones with their heads up their butts! It's nice to know we're not alone!

Inspiration: I pretend that I'm having company in two days. Then I run around and scream at everyone to help me clean. Once in a while it works!

I'll say a little prayer so your waiting fades, and inspiration takes you over!

Gladys said...

I get tired of waiting on others who don't get that I am waiting on THEM.

Just Me said...

Oh, lordy, do I EVER relate!!

Junebug said...

Yup!

hanagrace said...

Oh man and then you had to wait for me this morning, I feel awful. :-(