Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sniff...

Paco let me handle him all weekend. I spent a lot of time with him... holding him, whispering to him, petting him, giving him medicine and feeding him. We bonded. He loved me and I loved him.

Then Double Shot came home. Paco got nippy toward me when Double Shot was in the room. Okay... he has been Double Shot's parrot for 8 years and they can be like that. When Double Shot wasn't around he was sweet to me like he was this weekend.

This morning he was in a snit and refused to come out of his little fuzzy tent. I thought he must be feeling better if he had the energy required to act that way. I wrangled him out and gave him his medicine and fed him. He was still grumpy. I left him alone for awhile.

When I went to check in on him early this afternoon he was obviously still in a snit. I cooed to him and put my finger out for him to step up on. He bit me! Twice! I was so upset because not only did he bite me... he hurt my feelings. I was crushed and almost started crying. Then he tried to attack me and I told him he was a rotten little rat bastard of a bird. I really thought he loved me now...

I didn't go in there the rest of the afternoon. Double Shot brought him down after he got home. He's been wheezing off an on but... it is much worse. I gave him his medicine and fed him... and cleaned up his cage. When I was holding him in my hand I could feel the rattling in his lungs. I don't think he's going to make it.

4 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugsssssssss

MaBunny said...

/sniff too...

claudia said...

It is so hard when you fall in love with a critter. It is also so easy! So sorry that you are having to deal with this. I do hope though that Paco can pull through. Even if he is being a little snit with you now! You have done everything you can to help him out. And he does love you now, but he is a bird!

Kathy said...

You have been an awesome parrot nurse. Parrots can be most difficult to treat and medicate, even with their very favorite person in the world.