Sunday, April 26, 2009

Message from the Trench...


Our last view of Chai Tea as she embarked on her new life.
Fly Boy gave her an engagement ring when she got to Mississippi.
I think this picture is imprinted on my mind forever...
especially the stuffed dog looking back at me.
a
Our goal has always been for our children to grow up and to go on to lives of their own. I guess I thought we could control how and when that happened...
a
My right eye started twitching the day before Chai Tea left and did not stop until yesterday. It is unusual for someone with SD to develop other dystonias... I don't know if it was just the stress or if it is another dystonia that has developed. However, I may be insane now. Do you actually know if you are insane?
a
Double Shot has been taking us for a wild ride... Sigh. I really feel as though Mr. Macchiato and I are hunkered down in a trench on the front lines of a war. We are battle weary and have called in reinforcements. Our good ole counselor! We hadn't seen him in a couple months because everything was going well... as well as we could expect given the situation. I really want to encourage anyone who is having trouble with their teens (or kids of any age, really) to sit down with an objective third party. It helps so much to see things from a different perspective. Our counselor has gotten to know us over the past 14 months and how our family works. It was so nice for Mr. Macchiato to be able to just call him up and for the three of us to go in and not have to go over all the history... he already knows it. I think the most important thing when dealing with family issues is to have Mom and Dad on the same page. I don't think we'd have been able to do that without being able to talk about behavior and consequences with someone who understands the mind of a teen better than we do. And... it isn't just about the teen... it is about the whole family.
a
I am so dreadfully behind on all y'all's blogs... OY!!!

10 comments:

Chris H said...

Awwwww about the final sight of your daughter and her Teddy. Bloody Teenagers... why oh why do they have to grow up? Infants are so cute. Teenagers ...NOT.

Sandi McBride said...

I can feel you holding back...you wanted to run catch her up...I could hear the hitch in your voice...please don't worry...our babies always come home...they usually bring friends.
hugs
Sandi

Gladys said...

Hang in there sweetie. Chin up tits out!

Hey I have an award for you over at my site. Please come over and collect it. http://gladysspeaks.blogspot.com/

jojo said...

I am so proud of you for hanging on in such difficult times. That picture speaks a thousand words...and I can hear the screaming in your head ;D Praying for you all...j)

claudia said...

I have a lump in my throat looking at that picture. I soooo know how you feel!
They do come back, they do think about you, and they really don't forget what you have taught them.
Hang in there honey, God doesn't give us more than we can handle!
Love You!

MaBunny said...

Good luck to Chai Tea as she embarks on her new life - that picture is precious! Love you K.J. - haven't visited in a while - think I need to go back and read some posts ! /hugz

Karen Deborah said...

CT will be ok, an engagement ring? wow cool. Love love love her cute haircut!! She is growing up, it's just we are never ready and the older we get the younger they look. sometimes it helps to try and remember how you were thinking at that age....long term memory stays intact you know. Your not insane, it's not dystonia its nerves because this has you stressed out. You'll be ok. I've missed you.

MUD said...

I'm not sure if my ego could stand being told what the problems in my family are. I'm fairly happy to not know and there are some poeple that refuse to talk to me that I am glad about. All a parent can really do is get them ready and stand in the door as they leave. Men are proud and mothers are sad. It has always been that way and will remain the same. Our only hope is that someday they will realize that we love them and will again return home. MUD

hanagrace said...

And once again I'm terrified now of when my kids get to that age. :-) Awww... thanks for sharing! Chai's going to be okay!! She has wonderful parents who love her and taught her about God. She'll be okay. And you did a good job. Even if you didn't do everything right, you did a good job. Just keep remembering that.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

totally behind on blogging too... HUGSSSSSS what a photo.... hearbreaking and heartwarming too in a way...