Monday, April 27, 2009

Journey to the Dark Side

The Dark Side of Blond, that is!
a
As a child I had very light blond hair and as I got older it got darker. My natural hair color now is dishwater blond with, thanks to my children, a few streaks of silver grey. I'd like to just let my hair turn naturally but... Mr. Macchiato is not ready for it. Neither are my parents. Or my kids. Sigh. I have dyed my hair dark on many occasions in the hopes that it would make me look more like my mother. She's gorgeous. I had to listen to my guy friends in high school talk about how "Foxy" she was... and then ask me how come I didn't look like either of my parents. A good and kind mother would not be so pretty. Just kidding Mom! It did kinda suck though.


Evidence this morning that spring will be sprung in full here soon. There is no green on the trees but... green is creeping out across all the lawns in our neighborhood. Some rotten neighbors have greener grass than most. Not us, darn it. There are daffodils and tulips making appearances in other yards. We don't have any. A lot of those flowers get killed every year by our weather. The green leaves of my day lillies have come up. I can't wait for everything to come back to life!
a
This is some exciting blog post! Woo Hoo!! I really should be cleaning but, you know, I don't want to right now. I have to leave in a bit to get Double Shot. I spent my morning at the County Clerk & Recorder getting the tags for my Explorer. I named her Nilla. That is short for Vanilla. Do y'all name your cars? I think I already shared somewhere on here that Mr. Macchiato told me I was "plain" one time and I got very upset. He tried to make it better by explaining himself and said that I was "plain like vanilla." That didn't help much. He then went on and said, "you know, wholesome... girl next door kind of plain." Yes, he is still paying. He will pay until the day he dies. On several occasions since he's tried to convince me that vanilla is exotic. What?!?!
a
So, if y'all name your vehicles, what are their names? Wait... have I asked this question before??? Hmmmmm...

14 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

we name EVERYTHING....
new van is Katie Jolene KJ for short
GMC truck is Travler as in general lees horse...and because he loves ot travle
work truck is called ANDY... have to ask mike about that one...
chevy truck is bessie case she is the grandma of vehicles here...
Volvo is called VUULVO... ask cory about that one its an explanation i dont think I want to know...
all the fish are named, cat , dog and special trees have names too... the mymosa in the back is too tall jones...
martha named her lawn chair... but right this second I dont recall the name.
the lawn mower is waiting on a name... it might be FANCY cause .... well shes fancy LOL
sigh... I know we are lame LOL
Love you Miss KJ!

Just Me said...

We call our Pacifica "The Turtle" because it's sort of shaped like one. We even have a little plastic turtle on the dash.

Gladys said...

I went out to get groceries and got stuck in a blizzard.
so I know what you mean.

The Jeep is named Jesus and my SUV is Naggie. The little green forestry truck we use for a work truck is named The Green Hornet and Kahuna's F-150 is named THE BEAST.:)

Gladys said...

I should add that the Jeep is Hay Zeus not Gees Us ;)

claudia said...

I can't spell out the full name of my truck here...but it's initials are P. O. S.
I love my truck, don't get me wrong, but it's back window leaks, the oil pan gasket leaks, (and this is a $600 - $1300 fix!) and the steering pump leaks, oh! and when it rains the rain comes right into the cab of the truck through the air vent on the hood. (go figure) I know it's time for a newer model, but there isn't any money for that. I just have to deal with the leaks.

Karen Deborah said...

your hair looks great! i don't name my car the Marquis did break in the back so it says "grand ma" guess it named itself.

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

I just asked Andy why we have never named our vehicles. When I grew up we had names for all our vehicles. We will have to work on that. I LOVE the your haircolor. Very nice and something different is always fun. Thanks for sharing!

jojo said...

I have never named a car! BUT I would take vanilla anytime over 'handsome.' Yep, my husband told me I was a handsome woman. Gah!

Trisha said...

Hey - I like the darker hair. I am with you on the hair though. My hair was blond when I was little and is now . . . brown with blond hairs here and there. Rats!

hanagrace said...

That's a really pretty color!!! :-)

Elysa said...

LOVE the hair!

Chris H said...

I did the exact same thing with my hair the other day!
Your's looks lovely too.
We sometimes name our cars.. mine is called "The Yellow Submarine"... 'sub' for short! It's a yellow van.. and I had blue graphic bubbles put on it too!

Junebug said...

Your hair looks good. We aren't namers of vehicles. :D

noexcuses said...

Your hair is gorgeous!!!! I finally gave up coloring (I told the hubs I don't care what he thinks - I'm the one dealing with the straw!) and let it turn naturally. God smiled upon me and gave me this beautiful silver color. I consider myself extreeeemly lucky to get my grandmother's silver/white hair!

We never have named our cars until we bought the VW Bus. Her name is "Big Red." It's not very original, but it suits her!