Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter, Rocky Mountain Style

It wouldn't be Easter in our part of Colorado without snow...



I actually wore a dress to church and was rewarded with shoes full of ice cold slush on the way to the car after the service. There is standing water there but it doesn't look like it in the picture. It was COLD!!!


I am so ready for the snow to go!
I want to see some green!




There are no springtime flowers in front of my house...




Well, except for the plastic ones on my door.
Meh.





It is beautiful this Tuesday morning though. I enjoyed driving Double Shot to school. After I dropped him off that is. He was grumpy. Even though I bought him McDonalds for breakfast. He thinks it is cruel and unusual punishment to have a mother that is happy in the morning. He snarfed his food and then cranked the heat and went back to sleep. I turned on the air conditioner. Sure, my fingers turned into popsicles but it was fun to have him wake up and turn the dial back to heat, go back to sleep and then wake up again when he got too cold because I turned the air conditioner back on. I do my best to find joy in the small things.
a
We are supposed to hit the mid sixties today. I am going to enjoy it because we've got more snow coming Thursday. The weather here this time of year drives me crazy!!!
a
I have not been blogging... too much going on. Now, I am stressed about getting caught up with all my blog buddies. Chai Tea is staying with us the next couple of days before she moves to Mississippi on Friday... GULP.

13 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugss

Just Me said...

Chai is moving to Mississippi!?!? WHOA!!!! It must be scary to think of your baby being so far away, but I wish her the best of luck and happiness.

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

Enjoy the time with your daughter before she moves! Mississippi sounds exciting! The blogging and friends can wait, if needed. I love Colorado most of the year, but this time of the year makes me crazy too. I, like you am ready for spring. I am seeing daffodils here and there though, so that is a good sign. I guess we should be thankful we are getting some moisture. Praying for you and your fam.......

Chris H said...

Still cold there I see! Brrrr.
I loved the video of the 'panties'....

Karen Deborah said...

where?

Trisha said...

The snow on the duck . . . priceless! Sorry you got slush in your shoes. I remember those days! Have fun with Chai until she moves. What a move that is going to be!

jojo said...

thinking of you CB...

hanagrace said...

So did it snow yesterday?

Angela said...

Wanted to let you know I've been thinkin about ya girl...

Alison said...

I guess it wouldn't be fair to tell you we have been swimming over here!!!

enjoy your visit w/chai tea. why is she moving to MS?

Kathy said...

Thinking about you. Hoping all is well.

Sandi McBride said...

I hope your green and flowering gardens are going to be a happening soon! I can't get over snow on Easter but we've had what they call "an Easter Snap" for the past three years...this year the temp finally stayed above freezing! Loved this post!
Sandi

MaBunny said...

beautiful pictures ! Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a great Easter, albeit a cold one!