Saturday, March 14, 2009

We Are Classy!

Frappacino came home from college last night for spring break. She had not been home since Christmas break. Mr. Macchiato went up to spend a day with her as did I several weeks later so we haven't had to go too long without a Frappy Fix.

Double Shot had a baseball game after which Mr. Macchiato had to run him back up to the school to get his retainers out of his locker (He just got his braces off on Monday). Thank goodness there was an event going on so that he could get back into the school. Frappy had gotten home while we were out at the field so I picked her up and we went to Blockbuster and Costco. Of course, the boys got home before we did and kept calling for us to hurry on home.

We had a mighty fine dinner of Costco sushi and cookies. The kids were excited and there was a lot of laughing. The subject of blue darts came up. If you don't know what a blue dart is... go to YouTube.

Mr. Macchiato entered a Lip Sync contest with three of his buddies when they were in college. They called themselves the Blue Darts. They got together and practiced a dance routine they put together for Shout by Odis Day and the Knights. I only got to see the performance after the fact on video tape, but I was there for several practices. I didn't know what a blue dart was and one of the guys graciously demonstrated one for me. It is just one of the many ways I was corrupted by my husband and his friends.

The dance team took first place which Mr. Macchiato, to this day, says is not fair. Second place actually went to the boyfriend of a friend of mine. He sang My Girl by the Temptations. The Blue Darts took third.

My baby girl had not the innocence of her mother upon entering college. My baby girl has not the presence of mind to recognize that such things ought not be laughed about... or encouraged. My baby girl excitedly told her little brother of the blue darts she'd seen on YouTube... at the dinner table. I'm hanging my head in shame.

They totally get it from their father.

9 comments:

MaBunny said...

My weekend has started off sucking big time, so i'll head on over to youtube for a good laugh! Enjoys Frappys visit!

noexcuses said...

My weekend has started off okay, so I went over to YouTube before writing this....my eyes are still tearing...this was so hilarious. I guess I'm just as classy as the rest of the family!!!!

Thank you for making my day!

Flea said...

Too funny! Glad your Frappy is home for break. My daughter gets her braces off in a month and is totally psyched. :) I can't believe your husband performed that in front of a crowd ...

claudia said...

And now I am classy too!
I (ahem) got a kick out of that video. (Please don't tell anyone!)
Funny stuff.
It's so good to get your kids home for a visit, enjoy!

Sandra in ABQ* said...

I learn something new every day. Blue darts, classic! LOL

Karen Deborah said...

ok I'm heading over to you tube now.
What no link? Blue darts huh. Knowing you I had better go pee first.

Coffee Bean said...

Oh Good Lord Flea!!! Mr. Macchiato and his group did not demonstrate blue darts on stage! They just lip synced the song Shout with a dance routine! My husband has never performed a blue dart... well, at least, not in my presence. I don't think I would have married him! G R O S S!!!

Chris H said...

I am now heading off to find out what 'blue darts' are....

Cheffie-Mom said...

Hi! How are you? Sounds like you are having a nice week with the kiddos. Stop by soon, my blog misses you!