Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Sun is Shining!

Boy... I left that last depressing post and then haven't been able to get on the computer. I want to thank y'all for leaving such sweet and encouraging comments. It really meant a lot to me. What's funny is... when I have a post like that it is the death knell of that current trip to the pit. I'm a brooder and I tend to not speak of the things I'm going through until I'm ready to move on. It's kind of like... well, getting back up and shaking the dust off.

This blog is really a strange thing. I don't like people I know in real life knowing that I have it unless we know each other well... or they are someone that I feel comfortable with. I don't have a problem at all with sharing things that I've gone through and have processed, on my terms. I've pretty much worked through things in my mind when I get to the point of sharing. Most of the people that read this that know me personally have told me at some point that they've gotten to know and understand me through this blog in a way they couldn't in person. I think that is probably because it is anonymous so I don't worry as much about what anyone might think.

You know, we all have our burdens. As a Christian, I try to lay mine down, and I do. I just have a problem with turning around and picking them back up again.

My posting is probably going to be sporadic over the next 10 days or so. Double Shot's spring break is next week and Frappy is still home on hers. We are getting in a lot of good Mom/Daughter time! Oh! And at Double Shot's baseball game yesterday I waited around afterward and pushed myself to talk to some people instead of dashing to my car and waiting for the boys there. I even took a notepad and pen and used it with a person that has a harder time hearing me than some others. Some of those prison bars around me are of my own making.

Doris,

I hope you come back in time to see this...

Thank you so much for the comment you left. My heart broke for you over the loss of your husband and for all you are facing. I am excited and hopeful for you as you are moving in a direction to help yourself and you inspire me! You are in my prayers!

And thanks to you too Fly Boy! Your comment made me cry.

4 comments:

jojo said...

you make me smile..glad you are back and feeling better..j)

Angela said...

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Karen Deborah said...

wow. love you girl.

Sandi McBride said...

It sounds as though you are feeling better and I'm so glad that you are...sunshine on your shoulders and in your hair will make you feel like a million bucks! But don't let the bank know you have it, they'll want a bailout!
hugs
Sandi