Monday, March 2, 2009

How Did I End Up Here?!?!

I just don't understand it. How is it that I am the only morning person in my family? Frappy and Double Shot were morning people until they hit their teens... What happened? Even when I was a teenager I was more of a morning person. Chai Tea? Never. As an infant that girl wanted to sleep until 10 am. Has anyone ever heard of a baby like that? I used to stand at the end of her crib and gently rattle it trying to get her to wake up. I wanted to play! Mr Macchiato moans and groans and stumbles around...

And why is it non-morning people find morning people annoying? What is annoying? What is so terrible about a happy person in the morning? And why wouldn't people be happy in the morning? IT IS THE MORNING!!! HELLO?!?! Brand new day!!! Been sleeping for HOURS!!!

And what is wrong with Mondays? Mondays are AWESOME!!! Mondays are the best day of the week!!! It's the beginning of a brand new shiny week! There are possibilities! There are hopes!

Bad attitudes and grumpy faces in the morning suck. Just so you know.

9 comments:

Just Me said...

Ooooh, The Orace would love you. The girls in our house, including the baby, are all deeply devoted sleepers. We love our featherbeds and comforters (except C, since she's too little for that stuff to be safe). The boys are early risers.

I try not to be a grump in the morning. It's not easy. I can get up early, but I need a few minutes to get my eyes open.

I only turn nasty when the morning people become impatient. The Oracle learned how to deal with me years ago. Mighty B. hasn't learned yet.

Christina said...

Thats great... and I can relate. I was a child/teen nightowl. Now I am a total morning person. If the sun is up...I'm up. Even when its one of those days you wish you could just sleep in all day.

MaBunny said...

I too am a morning person married to a night owl . I also have a night owl as my child:) I feel your pain Coffee.
Monday are ok, but I generally don't think they are different than any other day!

Two Dogs said...

I understand the Monday thing very well, and I am just now realizing that Mondays are not going to fun for a couple more years.

I am however, a morning person that loves to stay up all night. I enjoy completely every minute that I am awake. Take that you grumpy non-morning people.

Gladys said...

I am a morning person. I get up early and am ready to go. I guess I've always been afraid of missing out on something. I used to get up every morning at 4 a.m. to go to work. I didn't have to be there until 8 but I was afraid I would miss something. Oh and I too grew up in a family of late sleepers except for Trooper Bob. He and I had coffee at 5 a.m. every morning starting when I was about 6 years old. ;)

Tracey (FLMB) said...

I am great morning person...once I can drag myself out of bed! I am so, so happy once up! So tell me oh wise and knowing morning person...just how do you actually get yourself out of the bed early, early in the morning?!

Linda said...

Kelly-Lou! That was funny! I'm a morning person. Heck, I don't even have to be caffeinated!! If we were in college we could be roommates!

Chris H said...

I'm with you, mornings are neat, and MONDAYS are friggin awesome! Gotta love mondays.

Karen Deborah said...

Now I am SURE of it, you just ain't right.