Friday, February 6, 2009

Got Kohls???

I hate shopping. I really do. However, at times, it is a necessary evil in my life.

Mr. Macchiato is in dire need of new work clothes. He works on the financial end of construction and when we lived on the West Coast he was required to wear suits every day. When we lived in Mississippi he wore short sleeve knit shirts and dockers. Here he wears button down shirts and dress pants. I like to buy his clothes this time of year at Kohls. If you don't have one in your area... I'm sorry.

Today and tomorrow (Friday/Saturday) you get $10 store credit for every $50 you spend that you can use next week. This also happens to be when they are trying to clear the store out of all their fall/winter merchandise so that they can bring in the spring/summer stuff. Men's dress shirts that normally run $40-$50 are marked down to $8-$15. I'm not joking. There are racks and racks of clearance items in each department and the mark downs are from 60% to 90%. If anyone in your family is in need of some clothes this is the time to go!

I bought 11 dress shirts, 5 pairs of pants, a sweater, two long sleeve knit shirts, 6 pairs of dress socks, a candle, and two fancy candle holders for $330 which gave me a $60 credit for next week. I hate shopping but I hate shopping with my boys even more, so I bought a lot and they will pick from what I got what they want to keep. Kohls has no restriction on returning clearance merchandise. Double Shot has already gone through his pile and I have two pairs of pants and a shirt to return for him. Of course, depending on how much I take back, my credit for next week (they call it Kohls Cash) will be adjusted.

Just thought I'd throw that out there!

8 comments:

Melody said...

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to take a look!

Karen Deborah said...

they should pay you for this kind of endorsement. I like Marshalls and TJ Max myself they are all about the same. You shop big when you do it.

Chris H said...

I am proud of your shopping endeavour... though I think you have a HUGE WAY TO GO to shop like me! We don't have that store here obviously. Shame cos the 'credit to spend' sounds like something I would love!

atingram said...

Great job shopping and taking advantage of sales. I, like you HATE to shop. When I do make myself shop, I only buy sale stuff an am practical, very seldom do I buy something full-price. Maybe I'll have to try to get to Kohl's this weekend! Blessings and prayers sent your way this weekend!
Wendy

noexcuses said...

I love Kohls' sales! My girls always find a ton of stuff. My boys have even picked up the "sale" gene. The oldest hasn't paid full price in years!

Good job finding all those shirts and pants for hubs work! Mine is in the clothing biz, so he gets all his own stuff. He gets some really nice things for me, too! I just don't have the "eye" like some people do.

Wonderful sales pitch!

Trisha said...

*sigh* If only Hubby would let me shop for him. As it is he is only just recently able to admit that he "sort-of" likes anything I suggest for him. For years it was an absolute NO if I liked it.

Kohl's does rock, doesn't it?

Trisha said...

*sigh* If only Hubby would let me shop for him. As it is he is only just recently able to admit that he "sort-of" likes anything I suggest for him. For years it was an absolute NO if I liked it.

Kohl's does rock, doesn't it?

Elysa said...

Thanks for the heads up. That's worth passing along.