Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ssshhhh...

Don't tell anyone this... but, uh... my Christmas decorations are still up. Never in my life have I had the decorations out this long... People on the street don't know because we took down the outside stuff... but, inside... still Christmas. I'm ashamed.

My handy dandy little timer is going to help me out. I pin it to my shirt and have it set for 15 minutes. It beeps once at 10 minutes, twice at 5 minutes and then doesn't stop beeping at 15. It's called, Beat the Clock. I set a mini 15 minute goal and try to get it done before the timer goes off. It works best if old Neil Diamond music is playing. There is new Neil Diamond music. Mr. Macchiato bought it for me awhile back. It doesn't inspire me to clean the way old Neil Diamond music does. At all. In fact, the CD has dust on it. A little Pine-Sol aroma therapy is good too. It gets me in the mood.

So, iffin' you was wonderin'... that's what I'm doin'. I'll have to get caught up on all y'all's blogs when my house has done been put right. Cause it just ain't right.

12 comments:

Melody said...

Good luck!!!

Gladys said...

I think you should put on some "Ramlin Rosie" and come clean my house! I'll even buy you a BIG bottle of Lemon Scented Pledge with which to dust!

MaBunny said...

Don't feel bad, everything else is down here too, except the tree. My hubby tore an abdominal muscle so he is unable to take it downa nd it is too heavy for me... but all the ornaments are off and packed away, as are the stockings and wreaths and such. Good luck with your mini goals!

Flea said...

And what is wrong with still having Christmas up?!? It's not Valentine's Day yet!

Paula said...

Cool idea! Think I'll try it out.

Kathy said...

and I was worried that you were still nappin'

Chris H said...

Now that timer is a darn good idea! Might try that myself... WITH THE KIDS. Good luck getting all the decorations away.

Cheffie-Mom said...

Have fun!! (: And the timer idea is a great one!!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

our tree is still up... longest it has ever stayed was april... IT WILL NOT BE UP IN april this year! OMG NO way... I need to dig out my dolly tape and get my butt cleaning things around here...
some tihngs are coming to a head again with martha and I simply refuse to play her games.
hugs Laura

Karen Deborah said...

Try Mrs Meyers Lavender soap for dishes, it's gentle and aromatherapy that sure beats out pine soll, unless you really like that smell.
so how was your Christmas?

Natalie said...

KJ, I just took mine down this (yesterday) morning from 10 am to 11 am. My outside decorations came down on New Years Day but the inside ones lingered on just like yours. I tried to get them down before the In-Laws came to visit on Thursday but all I succeeded in doing was moving the tree to the other side of the room.
But today (yesterday) was my son's birthday and a friend of his was coming over whose mom had never seen my house before so I just HAD to get that tree put away and all the Christmas knick-knacks. I started at 10 and it was all boxed up and back in the attic by 11 am. Oh, I just looked around and I see that I've left out all the Christmas cards. Oops!
Hugs to you!

Trisha said...

Aren't timers helpful/annoying little things? I like your system! Short term goals and short term satisfaction. Keep it up!